Funeral Assistant - Gympie
Advertiser: Gympie FuneralsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Sept 2019
- Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Other
About the business and the role
Gympie Funerals is a long established Funeral Home that provides professional services in Gympie and the surrounding communities. We are currently seeking a well presented, hardworking individual with excellent communication and organisational skills. Experience in the industry is not essential, just a keen willingness to learn.
This casual position will include assisting with transferring of the deceased into care on a 24/7 roster, assisting on Funeral Services, some mortuary care, vehicle maintenance and cleaning duties as required.
Job tasks and responsibilities
To be successful in this position, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Honest, reliable and able to understand and be respectful of circumstances involving grieving families, their values and beliefs.
- Mature interpersonal, verbal, written, communication and organisational skills with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- High attention to detail.
- Be physically fit as heavy lifting is sometimes required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgement and adapt quickly to changing and sometimes challenging circumstances.
- High level of presentation, maintaining a well groomed and professional appearance.
- Ability to follow instructions, listen and respond to families and staff needs.
- Providing a transfer service for deceased (including accident and sudden death)
- Hold a current valid Queensland drivers licence.
Skills and experience
This casual position offers a weekday, after hours and weekend role, with an above award salary to the successful applicant. You will be required to participate in a shared after hours roster including weekends. Training will be provided in all aspects of the job so previous experience is not essential.
Please submit applications and resumes to The Manager at email@example.com or via seek. Applications close 18th October 2019.
Applications and resumes not addressing the criteria will not be considered.
Successful applicants only will be contacted.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?