Events and Marketing Coordinator (WA)
Advertiser: Planning Institute of AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
About the business
The Planning Institute of Australia is the national body representing planning and the planning profession. Through events, advocacy and professional development, PIA is the peak organisation serving and guiding thousands of planning professionals as they work to create better communities across Australia.
About the role
Working closely with the State Manager, the Events and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the development, management, marketing and delivery of an extensive events program, often in collaboration with members and stakeholders. This includes sourcing and negotiating event sponsorship with industry partners.
The position also involves close liaison with members of the WA Division Committee and Young Planners group and other industry volunteers.
The Events and Marketing Coordinator works collaboratively with other PIA staff in the National Office and other State Divisions, including events, membership and finance staff. This can involve occasional interstate travel.
This is a flexible full-time role recognising that the event planning and delivery cycle will require some early morning and evening work.
Specific responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Work with the State Manager to strategically plan the annual events and professional development program for members
- Manage and deliver the annual events and professional development program for members
- Create and implement strategies to market events and other PIA services
- Work with State Manager to prepare and distribute electronic newsletter and other traditional and social media content for PIA WA
- Assist with administration of member committees
- Liaise with members, sponsors and other stakeholders as required
Benefits and perks
Flexible work hours (in the context of event requirements)
Positive and supportive workplace culture
Small close-knit team environment
Part of a wider national organisation
Opportunity to grow the role to suit your own professional development aspirations
Skills and experience
The Events and Marketing Coordinator needs to be a high energy all-rounder, with excellent attention to detail, strong time-management skills and the ability to manage a significant workload with a positive outlook.
The ideal candidate will have excellent inter-personal skills and a focus on promoting the quality brand of PIA in all interactions with members and stakeholders.
The following specific skills and experience are sought:
Essential skills and experience -
- Ability to organise and manage delivery of high-quality events, seminars and functions
- Stakeholder engagement and customer service skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent administrative and database management skills
- Computer literacy including experience in desktop publishing; events management and content management of websites.
Desirable skills and experience -
- Experience in working in a non-profit organisation and with volunteers
- Experience in working in a small, dispersed, national organisation
- Exposure to urban and regional planning or related sectors such as local or state government or the property industry
- Sales and marketing experience
- Financial management experience including budget control