Quality Assurance Manager
Advertiser: Harice Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Quality Assurance & Control
This is an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic, team player to join a rapidly growing company and further develop a quality career in a friendly, family culture without the constraints of a larger company.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Ensuring compliance of the Quality Management System to the highest standard
- Managing all aspects of the HACCP program
- Provide technical support to the company and liaise with both suppliers and customers on technical and quality requirements
- Oversee the Preparation of Product Specifications and PIF’s
- Review and approval of product artwork
- Ensure the company’s ongoing certifications to global and customer standards, along with regulatory compliance requirements
- Manage the Quality team to ensure the QMS system is applied to the operation. Developing QA staff through mentoring and training;
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of Quality Assurance and Food Safety
- Leading internal and external customer audits, coordinate corrective action responses within required timeframes
- Managing approved supplier program
- Overseeing daily production QC and document compliance, including Hold & Release program
- Review & respond to customer complaints (includes coordinating process & product investigation)
- Report on monthly and quarterly KPI’s
- Data analysis (including product testing and environmental testing results)
- GMP monitoring (will include cleaning & sanitation reviews)
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have following qualification and or experience with:
- Degree qualified in Food Science or equivalent;
- Experience in a mid - senior level quality assurance role (diary industry experience highly regarded)
- Thorough understanding and practical working knowledge of HACCP, FSSC22000, CFMSR, and additional customer and retailer standards
- Understanding and/or prior knowledge of export dairy requirements
- Internal auditing certification
- HACCP Certification; with strong understanding and capability in food safety
- Detailed knowledge of food manufacturing policies and procedures (GMP)
- Understanding of Australia’s Legal and Regulatory requirements including FSANZ, ACCC, Weights & Measurements;
- Experience with leading external audit processes
- Ability to investigate and complete root cause analysis.
- Attention to detail & a passion for quality
- Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to build strong relationships
- Sound knowledge of Australian Food Standards
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in a quality assurance (QA) role?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)?