Regional Safety Team Leader
Advertiser: Hays Human ResourcesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Occupational Health & Safety
Provide strong leadership whilst supporting in OHS responsibilities to the wider team.
Your new company
This Government Department endorses and supports the development of jobs and economic growth. They are currently in search of a Regional Safety Team Leader to join their team in Melbourne CBD. During the 6-month contract, you will be a strong leader whilst providing support surrounding safety responsibilities.
Your new role
As a Regional Safety Team Leader, you will be involved in supporting, guiding and leading a small team. You will be highly responsible for supporting the wider team in safety responsibilities including incident investigations, operational risk assessments, workplace inspections and audits in regional areas. You will be required to provide strategic advice, monitor performance and manage key safety projects.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, team leadership experience within a safety setting is essential. We are looking for an individual with:
- Demonstrated ability to consult and provide advice to a range of stakeholders on diverse occupational health and safety issues
- People management experience and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to direct a team
- Strong safety technical skills relating to OHS legislation and the ability to complete operational tasks such as incident investigations
- Vocational or tertiary education in Occupational Health & Safety
- A Valid Driver’s License
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive hourly rate including loading and the ability to lead a safety team.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’ or forward an updated copy of your resume along with an expression of interest to Vanessa Jordanovska at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call 03 9095 2289.
If this role isn’t for you but you are interested in other Workplace Health & Safety opportunities or you know someone who is appropriate, feel free to get in touch.