- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Mathematics, Statistics & Information Sciences
We're looking for an experienced practitioner with a track record in building and delivering practical Machine Learning driven products at scale. You will join an established Machine Learning / Data Science capability driving the global SEEK agenda on data analytics and machine learning. Get excited by the opportunity to investigate new data sources, methodologies and technologies and get a kick out of solving really hard problems as part of a team of skilled and passionate people.
Take advantage of our huge natural language datasets to build internet-scale and creative solutions which help millions of people around the world find their next jobs with the chance to work flexibly, grow your career and play a big role in a small team. Sound good so far?
What does the role look like:
Based in Melbourne and reporting to a Data Science domain lead, you will work in a cross-disciplinary squad with members from Strategy and Engineering to research, design, build and support end-to-end products delivering direct value to hirers and job seekers. Working on real business problems and translating them into tangible solutions, you’ll understand human behaviour and know how to pull patterns out of data without being led astray by the noise.
SEEK’s portfolio of diverse businesses make a positive impact on a truly global scale. Our unified purpose helps people live more fulfilling and productive working lives and helps organisations succeed. We create world-class technology solutions to connect more people to relevant employment, education, small business and volunteer opportunities. We have a culture of high-performance in our workplaces and celebrate the diversity of our employees who contribute to the success of our organisation.
At SEEK our biggest asset is our people, and we are proud of our community of valued, talented and diverse individuals who really know their stuff.
At SEEK we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done.
You will work amongst a group of hard-working, fun and caring people who will support you to have a successful and fulfilling career at SEEK.
Our dedication to fostering a work environment where people feel like they're making a difference every single day has helped us maintain a consistently high ranking in the annual Hewitt Best Employer Award. In other words, people like to come here – and we're proud of that!
What are we looking for?
- An experienced machine learning practitioner, passionate about building and improving internet-scale products informed by data
- Experience with Deep Learning (particularly CNNs and RNNs) and Natural Language Processing
- Confidence working at the command line in a *nix environment
- Ability to write serviceable code (e.g. Scala, Go, Python, Ruby, Java) and comfortable working with and around a software development team
- Significant commercial experience with a focus on business problem understanding, hypothesis formation, feature engineering & predictive modeling
- Deep knowledge of machine learning algorithms and efficient data structures, ensembling and model performance tuning
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with business partners and product owners
- Ability to adapt quickly and thrive in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity
- A formal postgraduate qualification in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science)
The Perks and Benefits
At SEEK we offer:
- a competitive salary
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working
- paid leave benefits to allow for various personal and life needs
- tailored career development planning
- health and well-being activities
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with machine learning techniques?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in mathematics / mathematical science?
- Do you have a GitHub account or similar online repository with examples of your work? If yes, please share your link for us to review