- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Operations Assistant – Holiday Park
- Work at one of Australia’s best Holiday parks
- Great team environment, and supportive management
- Opportunity to grow within the business
- Be part of a successful team
Brisbane Holiday Village is an Australian family owned and operated multi Award winning Holiday Park. We have been operating since 1987 and specialise in providing a diverse range of upmarket holiday cabin accommodation plus caravan and camping sites. Our target markets are Australian families, sporting and school groups, corporate guests and international travellers. We offer many on-site facilities including swimming pools, mini golf, licensed restaurant, BBQ's, tennis court, free Wi-Fi, on-site laundries and more. We are established on 33 acres at Eight Mile Plains just 15 minutes South of Brisbane CBD.
We are looking for a highly organised, forward thinking Operations Assistant who is capable of assisting in the day to day workings and development of a large Holiday Park with over 30 staff. Experience at a Holiday Park, Resort, Hotel, Serviced Apartments, Motel or similar business is an advantage but not compulsory. You must be dedicated, driven, tech savvy, passionate & capable of delivering exceptional guest service, whilst achieving targets and managing expenses.
What are we looking for?
The successful applicant will possess the following skills & attributes:
- Demonstrated skills & experience in operations of a tourism property
- Proven & demonstrated experience in assisting, developing & training staff
- Flexible attitude to work & working hours
- Working knowledge of Newbook or similar reservation systems
- A good knowledge & understanding of OH&S & responsibilities
- Positive attitude, excellent grooming standards and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Attention to detail & time management skills
- Strong level of IT proficiency and computer literacy
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Knowledge of residential tenancies legislation (beneficial)
- Unlimited work rights in Australia
- Current QLD Driver's License
- Rostering of staff and payroll support
- Monthly Reporting
- Assist in implementation of business strategies, plans and procedures
- Assist with leadership and evaluation of a diverse team including reception, marketing, housekeeping, grounds & maintenance departments
- Creating and updating of all relevant policies and procedures to reflect the company's culture, vision and standards
- Assist management of third party channels, eg. Booking.com, expedia etc.
- Assist in ensuring the safe and efficient use of park plant, machinery and equipment
- Work with contracted adviser to ensure compliance of Work place health and safety
- Help identify and introduce new and efficient business practices and methods
- Other duties as required to run a large busy Holiday Park
- Liaise with and report to GM, CEO and OM
- Work with a long term successful family owned and run business
- Free on-site parking
- Supportive team and management
- Flexible hours - causal or full time options available.
If you feel this job is perfect for you and you would like to be part of the Brisbane Holiday Village Team then please apply today!
Applications MUST consist of a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria mentioned above and also please attach an up to date resume including your current address with your application.
Brisbane Holiday Village would like to thank all interested candidates in advance, however only successful applications will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in business administration?