- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Contracts Management
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
With passenger numbers forecast to more than double by 2034, since FY12 BAC has invested $1.7 billion building critical infrastructure, with a further $1.8 billion worth of infrastructure to be delivered between FY18 – FY22.
Projects to be delivered include a new runway, new multi-level car park and walkway facilities, road terminal expansions, terminal redevelopments, new apron and taxiways, road and cycling path upgrades and a number of new commercial buildings.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Airport Facilities, the Contract Administrator is responsible for providing general administration support to the Airport Facilities Team and the implementation and administering of contract management processes and procedures within Airport Facilities.
Key deliverables include timely delivery of assigned activities, stakeholder satisfaction and relationship management.
- Assist in collating, monitoring and reporting on financial budgets, processing invoices, payment requisitions and perform credit card reconciliations for team members as required.
- Assist in contract administration and support for Airport Facilities maintenance contracts.
- Manage all records and information systems and files for Airport Facilities, including the reference library with hardcopy files and archives.
- Coordinate the venue bookings, catering and invitations for regular and special meetings, events and conferences as required. This includes ensuring all IT and other specific requirements are met.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for the Head of Airport Facilities, senior management and other staff as requested from time to time.
- Assist Airport Facilities team members with general administration activities.
- Assist with the management and implementation of assigned Maintenance contracts and consultancy agreements.
- Assist the Facilities Managers with the preparation of agreements and contracts.
- Assist with Tender assessment and evaluation procedures, as required.
- Assist the Facilities Managers and external consultants with the review and assessment of variation claims.
- Comply with BAC's policies and procedures, including the Procurement Policy.
- Raise and track Purchase orders and costs in accordance with Corporation policies, systems and procedures.
- Assist the Facilities Managers the day to day management of Facilities Contracts including, contractor performance assessment and reporting.
- Maintain the accuracy and currency of data systems applicable to the Airport Facilities team.
- Assist the Facilities Managers in the preparation of the monthly review and certification of the contractor's progress claim.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of contract notices and other contractual correspondence required for issue to the Contractor, including Variation Requests and Orders, Payment Certificates, Non-Conformances and the like.
- Assist in budget planning and formulation.
- Prepare and coordinate provision of written handouts, visual presentations and other materials for meetings of Airport Facilities team members.
- Assist Facilities Managers with contract meetings minutes and action items
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships, including internal BAC staff; liaising, influencing and collaborating to obtain information as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant experience in the administration of maintenance contracts, which shall include knowledge of the contract management processes and procedures that should be implemented to effectively assist managing Maintenance contracts.
- Experience in the execution of Maintenance contracts and the management of contractors.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years' experience in office administration.
- Tertiary qualification in a related field.
- Experience in the preparation and writing of contract documentation.
- Experience in risk and quality management.
What's on offer?
An excellent opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and utilise your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please apply.
International, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encourage to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a contracts administrator?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?