1 ECT or Diploma working towards Early Childhood Degree and 1 trainee/Cert III
Advertiser: A & R UNIT TRUSTMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sept 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Little School for Little Children is a well presented children's service located in South Granville 10 minute drive from Parramatta. We are dedicated to providing quality childcare for children from 2-6 years of age. The children that come to our service create beautiful memories with their educators and their families.
We are looking for 1 highly motivated teacher to make an influence and be a part of a great team, looking after our 3-4 years of age room.
We are also looking for 1 trainee. This person needs to be motivated and willing to learn. This person needs to be energetic and ensure their traineeship is taken seriously with assistance from management and staff/and or college.
Join this fun loving, heart warming team environment. Recent early childhood graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Follow the National Quality Standards and childcare regulations by developing and delivering a curriculum based on our services philsophies
- Create positive learning experiences within an enviornment that is appealing to all children ensuring that all children have the ability to particpate in different experiences.
- Develop and build strong relationships with children, families and co-workers through open communication
- Observe and record children's growth, development and behaviour using electronic portfolios
- Develop strategies to guide children's behaviour in a positive way
- Be a positive leader and assist your co-workers in all ways necessary
- Ensure the learning environment is kept clean, organised, safe and hygenic
- Attend to all Quality Improvement Plan weekly tasks and implement improvements within the room and around the service
- Assist in developing teaching goals for the service and the educators
- Assist in any other administrative tasks that management may need you to be part of to ensure standards are being met
- Be reliable, prompt and ability to work under pressure and solve problems if needed on your own
- Respect family values, traditions and beliefs and take on board and implement expectations from families
- Willing to undertake professional development and be part of a rotating roster
- Work with children who may have some special needs and work hand in hand with our networking agencies like KU, SDN etc.
You will need:
- An approved ACECQA early childhood teaching qualification and or Diploma in Children's either currently studying a Bachelors or willing to start a Bachelors in Education.
- Experience working in a childcare setting (long day care).
- Current First Aid certificate with anaphylaxis and asthma training
- Clean medical certificate
- Sound written and verbal communication
- Fantastic organisational and teamwork skills
- Working with children check
- A good level of computer literacy
- A clear and great understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Good knowledge of rules and regulations for childrens services
Person applying for traineeship does not need to have much experience but definitely a willingness to learn and take on guidance from trained educators.
Little School for Little Children has the pleasure of offering great working conditions to its employees including professional development, opportunities to be rewarded for outstanding performance and flexiblity.
If you are a qualified and motivated educator who has passiona and drive to early childhood learning and care send me your to Rana Ahmed: Centre Director
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?
- Have you completed a Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood?
- How many years' experience do you have as an early childhood teacher?