Animal Welfare Attendant/ Driver
Advertiser: Pets Haven FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sept 2019
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
We are looking for a casual and/or part-time animal attendant/driver [3-4 days per week].
There will be a very early morning start at least once per week week and possibly an afternoon shift when required.
Early morning hours from 6.00am to around 3.00pm
Afternoon hours start from 2.00pm to 7.00pm
Possibly every second Sunday or Saturday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Normal day shift 9.00am to 5.30pm
Your shifts will normally start at our shelter which is based in Woodend. Your role is heavily relied upon, we need a very committed and mature employee.
Please really consider that you have the required skills and commitment before applying for this role.
You will be working will be working with animals, we prefer a person who has had previous shelter experience and understands animal behaviours.
We need a committed employee who is accessible and understands that travellving is required. You must work as a team member and understand that animal welfare can be quite overwhelming at times.
Our vehicle will be provided for usage. You must be able in driving a manual vehicle.
• Entering data onto an internal spread sheet
• Taking photos
• Uploading photos
• Ensuring Pets Haven vehicles are clean and have fuel after use
• Cleaning vehicles and crates at the end of the day
• Collecting animals from local and rural pounds
• Ensuring that all animals are observed and reported if un-well
• Temperament testing all animals upon collection and on a daily basis.
• Regardless if you have collected an animal, you are still required in observing and reporting any illness or behaviour problems
• Cleaning dog pens
• Cleaning the cages at the shelter when required
• Collecting stock from suppliers
Ensuring that all animals are observed and reported if un-well Reporting to management animals showing any of the following symptoms:
• runny nose
• runny or inflamed eyes
• repeated sneezing
• diarrhoea, especially if bloodstained
• inability to stand or walk
• bleeding or swelling of body parts
• weight loss
• lack of appetite
• apparent pain
• fits or staggering
• bloating of abdomen
• difficulty or inability to urinate or defecate
• red or brown coloured urine
• any other serious physical or behaviour abnormality
• Medicating animals
• Providing flea and worm treatments to animals
• Walking dogs if required
• Temperament testing dogs, you will be trained though prefer some type of previous experience
• Daily cleaning of facilities, ie. hose out, replace bedding, litter trays, feeding, watering, refilling litter trays
• Supervising volunteers
You must have computer skills and be articulate.
The Animal Attendant Driver must ensure that they the Vehicle they have been provided is clean and free of mess on a daily basis.
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
You must have excellent communication skills, you must be able in working under pressure and have the qualities of a lateral thinker.
This role can be quite intense, we sincerely require candidates who can make really difficult decisions and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?