V&V Coach / Drill Site Representative
Advertiser: BrunelMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sept 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- High Day Rates offered
- Work Type
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Oil & Gas - Drilling
The successful Drill Site Representative will join the Company’s operations team primarily in a coaching role; supporting an assurance program for verifying safeguards are in place to prevent serious HES events.
The D&C V&V Coach is a field leader in coaching wellsite personnel on the safe execution of the rig activities. The successful candidate may also be required to provide ad hoc DSR holiday relief on the drill ship, semi-submersible or jack up rigs the Company will have operating, but this is not the main focus of this role.
This role is wellsite based and would involve spending time on all the operating rigs on and offshore the northwest coast of Western Australia. There may be periods of time where some office based work is required in the Companies office in Perth.
When working as a relief DSR this position will report to the rig Superintendent, but under direction of the Lead DSR, when working in the capacity of a V&V coach they would report to the Operations Manager.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years oil and gas drilling experience
- Minimum of 5 years offshore drilling and completions experience on a floating drilling unit. This experience shall come from being a Toolpusher, Offshore Installation Manager or an Operating Company / Consultant Drill Site Representative
- It is important that the successful candidate has a working knowledge and experience of rig based operations and activities and rig Safety Management Systems
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to speak the workforce language, provide constructive feedback, able to effectively communicate with both well site personnel and onshore management,
- Ideally would have previous experience and interest of coaching and having been successful in to foster mutual openness and trust with the teams they are working with.
Ability to collect and analyze data.
- The successful candidate would be given training on key Company programs such as managing safe work and the program protocols.
- Demonstrated skills in well control operations and should be current with Subsea Supervisor Well Control certification
- Demonstrated skills in applying risk analysis in decisions on well operations in conjunction with office-based support
- OPITO approved Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated commitment to Company’s values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
- Will be required to pass Company’s IADC Well Control training as part of the job requirements
Please note: Australian work rights are required to apply for this position.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Brunel are proud to be equal opportunity employers and encourage applications from indigenous & female candidates.
For more info please contact Scott McAdam on firstname.lastname@example.org / 08 9429 5639
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?