Advertiser: DPS PublishingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Who we are
DPS is a multi-platform media and publishing company. We’re a South Australian success story and we’re passionate about our work. We run the number 1 Aged Care and Retirement Living website in Australia, AgedCareGuide.com.au, and produce much relied upon print publications for seniors, the ‘DPS Guide to Aged Care’ and ‘Your Retirement Living’.
We have recently expanded into the Disability industry with accompanying guide, ‘DPS Guide to Disability Support’ and website, DisabilitySupportGuide.com.au, to help guide participants, their loved ones, and their families, through their disability support journey.
About the role:
As a key member of the Editorial Team, reporting to the Managing Editor, this role will have overall responsibility for contributing to the editorial and journalism functions for our print and online products for DPS Publishing.
This position is primarily responsible for the following:
- Researching, writing and editing content and feature stories for presentation in print media
- Producing flat plans and proofing publications
- Publication planning and review of existing content
- Ensuring information is factually accurate and meets regulatory standards
- Generation of headline stories or photo suggestions
- Create, write and edit online content that is related to consumer searches to increase visitors to, and interaction with, our online platforms
- Ensure regular distribution of organic content across social platforms
- Instagram posting on Instagram accounts (stories, live videos and posts)
- Execute and optimize paid Facebook amplification for content
- Management of all Facebook groups, Instagram and Twitter
- Analysis of site analytics data to learn how users interact with our site
- Management and/or creation of paid online advertising (e.g. Google adwords campaigns)
· Hold a tertiary qualification in Journalism or related discipline
· Be hardworking, honest, ethical, understanding, caring and driven to achieve the highest quality of work
· Have strong written and oral communication skills
· Have excellent knowledge of the English language to native and tertiary proficiency
This role may suit graduates but previous experience in media or publishing and/or previous experience/understanding of Aged Care/Disability/Retirement Living environments is highly desirable.
The role is offered on a full-time basis in the Adelaide CBD with flexible hours possible for the right applicant. We're a fun, forward-thinking team that will support your development and reward your initiative.
For further information or a copy of the job & person description please contact:
How to proceed:
If you live in Adelaide, have valid working rights and think you fit the criteria, please click 'Apply for this job' here in Seek to send us your resume, including two references and a one-page cover letter addressing how you would contribute to the success of DPS.
Whilst we appreciate your interest, we are not accepting applicants from recruitment agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following online advertising methods do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in journalism?
- How many years' experience do you have as a journalist?