Fundraising Campaign Coordinator
Advertiser: Rural Aid LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Fundraising
About the business
Rural Aid is one of the largest rural charities in Australia. Rural Aid is an Australian charity which has the primary purpose to provide assistance to relieve the poverty, illness, distress or significant and unusual disadvantage of individuals and families conducting, directly or indirectly, primary production businesses and who are or have been adversely affected by acts of God (including, without limitation, droughts, floods and other natural disasters).
We also believe in helping rural communities develop resilience and non-agricultural income streams.
The charity first came to prominence through its highly successful Buy a Bale campaign which predominantly provides fodder to farmers in drought. It has now expanded its range of programs to include undertaking community activities, offering financial assistance, mental health counselling, a volunteer program and others.
We work with local, state and federal governments, departments of Agriculture, peak industry bodies, research institutions, corporate and public donors and a range of community groups.
Exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Fundraising Campaign Coordinator to assist in organising campaigns and events.
About the role
As part of the Fundraising Team, the Fundraising Campaign Coordinator is responsible for planning, delivery and evaluation of high-quality campaigns and events, and will be working closely with corporate sponsors and fundraisers to assist with their campaigns and promote Rural Aid's profile and brand.
Key responsibilities included but not limited to
- Identify requirements and expectations for each campaign
- Adapt a collaborative project management approach when liaising with corporate sponsors and partners, PR teams, and other stakeholders during the campaign planning process to ensure everything is in order
- Assist the Fundraising and Business Development team in day to day communication with external and internal stakeholders to ensure that campaigns and events are delivered in a timely manner and results are maximised
- Deliver the highest standard of customer service to all our valued sponsors, donors and everyone else who are involved in fundraising for Rural Aid
- Build and maintain campaign budgets
- Create gantt charts, project plans and task lists, and ensure deadlines are met by all stakeholders
- Coordinate fundraising and marketing collateral development as required for campaign through internal and external resources
- Track campaign progress whilst live and feedback with potential alterations to maximise outcomes
- Utilise project management tools that Rural Aid are currently using, and do a review to identify areas where more appropriate ones are better suited
- Create calendar of corporate events and campaigns
- Assist in project coordination of Rural Aid's yearly campaigns and events
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events and campaigns
- Troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise throughout the planning process and during the campaign
- Do a review of current sponsorship marketing collateral, packages and one-pagers, and create new collateral where needed by working with our fundraising and BD team, graphic designer and comms team
- Review and analyse data to create thorough campaign reports with outcomes and findings
- Organise acknowledgment and regular communication mechanisms for sponsors, donors and corporates.
- Ensure all fundraising, events and activities are tracked in Rural Aid's CRM
- Comply with legal, insurance, health and safety regulations at all times
- Competitive salary
- Charity and Not-for-Profit sector tax benefits via salary packaging
- Working hours are mainly Monday to Friday
Skills and experience
You will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in event or campaign/project planning and coordination
- Tertiary qualifications in fundraising, events management, marketing, business administration or equivalent
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and client management
- Demonstrated ability to follow and create project plans, campaign management, following timelines and monitoring project progress within budget and to required standards
- Demonstrated ability to achieve organisational goals and building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in working with stakeholders to create marketing and brand collateral for new and ongoing campaigns
- Skills in reporting, analyzing results and adapting plans to maximise results
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, prioritising conflicting deadlines, time management, and meticulous attention to detail
- Not for profit experience is preferred but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- To be eligible for Blue card
We are looking for someone with who is driven, enthusiastic, highly motivated, energetic and talented with a creative flair for our charitable cause.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 4th October 2019
To apply for this position please click APPLY and we recommend your application include a copy of your updated resume and a cover letter (Max. 2 pages) addressing the Skills and experience.
Enquiries to Brian Morton: 07 3153 4617
Please note: Due to the high number of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?
- How many years' experience do you have as an events coordinator?