Paddock to Reef Coordinator (Part Time)
Advertiser: Reef Catchments LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Sept 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Science & Technology, Other
Title: Paddock to Reef Coordinator (Part Time)
Tenure: Part time to 30 June 2021
Base Salary: $26,000 – $32,000 (15.2 hours per week pro-rata based on $65,000 - $80,000 FTE)
Location: Mackay or Proserpine
Reports to: Coordinator – Sustainable Agriculture
Reef Catchments is a regional community not-for-profit business focused on enhanced use and management of natural resources (land, water, vegetation and ecosystem health) while maintaining a viable regional community. More information about Reef Catchments and its activities is available at www.reefcatchments.com.au
Reef Catchments is seeking a dynamic individual that can work in a varied and fast paced environment for the position of Paddock to Reef Coordinator.
The Paddock to Reef Integrated Monitoring, Modelling and Reporting Program (Paddock to Reef program) is a collaboration involving governments, industry bodies, regional natural resource management bodies, landholders and research organisations. The Paddock to Reef Program’s objective is to measure and report progress towards Reef Plan goals and targets.
This Paddock to Reef Coordinator will work with project teams to support reporting and data collection of improvements reflecting best practice management. The Paddock to Reef Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Lead promotion of the Paddock to Reef program
- Lead communication activities for the Paddock to Reef program including coordination of regional events and development of communication and synthesis products, this may include identifying training requirements for the region
- Timely reporting of data as per the Paddock to Reef protocol
- Data collection, data management and reporting for industry specific nutrient and pesticide information for use as an alternate line of evidence in Reef reporting
- Providing a single point of contact for P2R activities within the region, including leading regional P2R events
- Contribution to activities and documents related to the production of the Reef Report Card
- Deliver the Regional Integrated Science Forum (with the cross regional coordinator)
- Develop and distribute communications materials
- Assist with delivering P2R training requirements with the cross regional coordinator
- Organise regional meetings for the P2R team to provide feedback
- SC1 – Tertiary qualifications in Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as Agriculture, Applied Science or Natural Resource Management or equivalent relevant work experience and vocational or industry education/training.
- SC2 – Understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database and experience in data management, manipulation, analysis and interpretation.
- SC3 – Ability to use a range of data management systems.
- SC4 – Demonstrated skills in data collection and management systems to produce data products to meet reporting and planning needs.
- SC5 – Advanced interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills as they relate to building strong relationships, partnerships and networks with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- SC6 – Demonstrated ability to manage the planning, delivery, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects including coordination and monitoring activities of diverse project teams.
- SC7 – High level organisational skills, including the ability to organise and prioritise work activities in a demanding, busy environment, including demonstrated attention to detail.
- SC8 – ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on how you meet the listed Selection Criteria. To ensure that sufficient information is provided to allow an informed assessment to be made, you are required to:
- Provide a statement outlining your suitability for the position, with specific examples which address all the requirements listed under Selection Criteria. Your response should be no more than 2 pages;
- Attach your current resume (of no more than 5 pages) including names and contact details of at least two (2) referees who have knowledge of your work.
Only those candidates short listed for interviews will be contacted.
Please forward completed applications, (including selection criteria response), to email@example.com or Reef Catchments, PO Box 815, Mackay Qld 4740 by close of business Monday 7th October 2019.