Warehouse Leading Hand/Key Support
Advertiser: SDI LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Team Leaders/Supervisors
Company - We are a Global Business leading the market with Australian made and owned dental restorative products, teeth whitening and small equipment. Founded in 1972, SDI products are now distributed in over 100 countries throughout the world. Our global head office and manufacturing plant is located in Melbourne with overseas branch offices and warehousing in the USA, Brazil and Germany.
Role - We are seeking a full-time Warehouse Leading Hand/Key Support.
Opportunity – We will offer a salary commensurate with experience and knowledge, the opportunity to develop and training.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting and backing-up the warehouse manager and supervisor with daily functions
- Coordinating storage putaways, replenishments, picking, packing, labelling (finished goods and raw materials), loading/unloading of vehicles and sub-assembly items requiring further processing.
- Daily MHE checks (Forklift and Wave)
- Manual Handling Techniques
- Monthly warehouse inspections
- Racking audits
- Support of any safety initiatives
- Support safety training
- Understands and is responsible for key warehouse functions
- Daily monitoring of workloads and prioritisation of resources
- Cycle counting and stocktaking
- Highly developed level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to supervise and provide direction and guidance to other employees
- Employee training
- Indicative of the tasks which an employee at this level may perform are the following:
- Liaising with management, suppliers and freight forwarders
- Detailed and coordinating activities of other warehouse employees and acting in a leading hand capacity
- Maintaining control registers including inventory control, stock movements, cycle counting and stocktakes
- Comply with OH&S procedures
- Any other duties within capabilities as requested
- Experienced with supervising staff in various warehouse functions
- Experienced in order picking, despatch/receivals, replenishments and stock control
- SAP experience and other WMS systems
- Beginner to Intermediate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a leading hand?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?