General Labourer / Trades AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Sept 2019
- Southern Highlands & Tablelands
- Work Type
- Trades & Services, Labourers
About the business
We are looking for a superstar General Labourer / Trades Assistant to add to our team! Read on to see if this sounds like you!
Our company provides sales, installation, service and maintenance of residential, commercial/industrial exterior products to general public and residential/commercial builders.
Based in Goulburn, servicing Canberra, Queanbeyan, Moss Vale and many surrounding regions.
About the role
You will be required to assist a tradesman carry out installation & maintenance of various exterior products. You may also be required to perform workshop duties.
The role is physically demanding, you will be performing manual tasks on a daily basis, being physically fit is essential.
You will also be required to;
- Ensure quality control and job compliance is met.
- Maintain schedule & meet deadlines
- Ensure efficient work methods
- Ensure compliance to all OH&S and other safety requirements
- Maintain high levels of customer service and satisfaction on client sites
Benefits and perks
- Above industry award rate & bonuses
- Opportunity to learn other roles
- Small team & locally owned business
Skills and experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience using a range of hand held tools/power tools
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Team player with a can do attitude and enthusiasm
Licences & Tickets
- Current unrestricted C Class driver's license
- OH&S Construction Induction Card
- Working at Heights
Desirable / Not Essential
- Asbestos awareness - ACT OHS Induction / White Card
- Forklift Ticket
- EWP Ticket
Position will be on a casual basis initially, currently averaging 32 - 38 hours per week, view to full time for right applicant.
Only successful candidates matching criteria will be contacted for interview. We thank you for applying.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a trades assistant?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?