- Job Listing Date
- 20 Sept 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $26.03 p/h (HIGA L2) + o/t, penalties & benefits
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
Banquet Attendants – The primary focus of this role will be to work a range of functions in our Conference & Event space:
- Ability to set conference rooms promptly and accurately to the specifications described on the function sheets.
- Expert AV knowledge with the confidence to assist guests when required.
- Taking responsibility for your designated rooms or sections, ensuring all Food & Beverage requirements are delivered on time and as specified.
- Ensuring that the coffee machines in the function rooms, along with the standard tea/coffee setup are always refreshed and ready for service.
- Assist with any additional guest requests and requirements
Bar Attendants - The primary focus of this role will be in Fenians Bar Irish Pub:
- Relevant experience in a bar for a minimum of 1 year
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Strong knowledge of both local & imported beer & wine
- Current knowledge of cocktails and the art of mixology.
- Ability to assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
Restaurant Attendants – The primary focus of this role will be to work evening shifts in our al a carte restaurant, Sen5es:
- Previous a la carte experience as a Food & Beverage Attendant within a 4-5 star environment preferred
- Strong knowledge and passion for food and beverage
- Professional telephone etiquette and the ability to accurately take bookings/ reservations
- Sound wine knowledge as well as experience making espresso based coffee and cocktails
- Experience working the Kitchen Pass preferred
Breakfast Attendants - The primary focus of this role will be to work early morning shifts in our breakfast buffet restaurant, Sen5es:
- Previous barista experience
- Previous experience in a busy environment
- Committed to making excellent coffee
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and take direction when needed
- Thrive on creating a warm, welcoming, guest service focused environment
- Have natural flair for selling, a genuine joy of interacting with customers.
- Enjoy early morning starts
All of the successful candidate will have the following:
- Passion for food & beverage service and guest engagement - always seeking to find the YES if every situation
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Strong sales approach and passion for driving and generating business
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Holding an Approved Manager licence would be advantageous
- Impeccable grooming and personal presentation
- Flexibility to work across a 7 day rotating roster, including morning, nights and weekends
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Right to work in Australia
Above all you will need to be a passionate and hardworking individual, with an enthusiastic personality that will enable you connect and converse with our guests who visit us from all over the world.
In return for your commitment we will provide fantastic career and training opportunities, employee benefits and excellent working conditions with a supportive and fun team.
Please apply with an updated resume and a covering letter which indicated which role you are interested in as well as your availability for shifts.
About the Hotel:
Novotel Perth Langley hotel is located in Perth's city centre within easy walking distance of all Perth has to offer with 256 rooms and suites, offering views of the city and Swan River. The hotel also features Senses Restaurant and Wine Bar, and traditional Irish pub, Fenians, Sauna, spa and gymnasium facilities with views over the Swan River and Kings Park. In addition to these facilities we also have a dedicated conference floor containing 6 function venues.