- Job Listing Date
- 20 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
A Senior Chef Position has opened up in one of Melbourne’s most iconic venues-Luna Park!
Answering to the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be taking a leadership role in the catering department by hands-on working service for both the café and event areas, and assisting the F&B manager with the operations of the kitchens.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Hands on focus working service during operational periods for events and normal café service
- Ensure the quality, speed and dietary requirements of the food going out
- Support the F&B Manager with catering logistics for all service types
- Display leadership in a positive and friendly but faced pace environment.
- Assist with ordering and stock take with an understanding of upcoming requirements
Our ideal candidate will have a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and have solid leadership experience in function catering and a la carte café cooking environments. With strong time management and planning skills, you will be a positive personality type, organised and able to work under pressure during busy service periods.
Weekend and Public holiday work is expected but with one weekend off per month excluding summer trading months, along with other fantastic working conditions.
Salary $60,000 PA plus Superannuation
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef?