Responsible Behaviour Officer - Secondary
Advertiser: Djarragun College LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Sept 2019
- Cairns & Far North
- $60,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR OFFICER - SECONDARY
Full time Permanent
- Holistic and supportive school environment
- Djarragun College is a registered PBI allowing tax savings through salary packaging.
Djarragun College is an independent school for students from Prep to Year 12 and is located in the unique and picturesque region of Gordonvale, just 20 minutes south of Cairns. Students can attend as day students or as boarding students. Djarragun College is owned and operated by an Indigenous Australian Organisation. Djarragun College is committed to delivering the standard of education long demanded by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia.
The Responsible Behaviour Officer is responsible for supporting student conduct in the Secondary School and responding to student behaviour and behavioural incidents. They respond to requests from teachers for urgent behaviour support and work closely with the student services team to direct students to internal support services.
Applicants must have the following:
- Current Blue Card
- Completed of a Certificate IV or Diploma in youth work, community services, counselling or a related field and relevant work-related experience
- Experience in conducting investigations that follow procedural fairness and natural justice.
- Experience in supporting disengaged young people to build the capacity to engage in learning and participate actively in education
- Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours by designing, developing and implementing interventions
- Experience in working with First Nations peoples, including a commitment for cultural respect of their traditions, knowledge and ways of learning
- A driver’s licence, preferably a LR or MR licence or a willingness to undergo training to gain one.
If you think you have the potential to become a valuable member of our team, we'd like to hear from you!
Applications are to be addressed to the Principal, Ms Kathryn Todd, Djarragun College.
- A current CV
- Names of two (2) professional referees. Referees must be your most recent employer and be a line manager/supervisor.
- A letter of application detailing how your previous experience would enable you to meet the requirements of the role
- For a copy of the position description and to lodge your application please visit https://www.djarragun.qld.edu.au/employment
- Closing date for applications is 4.00pm Friday 18th October 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?