Advertiser: SSMMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Sept 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Specialists
2 positions available
About the businesses and roles:
We are two new practices, an Orthopaedic Specialist practice and a General Surgeon practice, based in Illawarra and Shoalhaven areas, with patient wellbeing at our heart – our clinics aim to treat, support and educate our patients and families throughout their medical journey.
Our Medical Secretary/Receptionist will be a dedicated, stable individual seeking long term tenure. We value experience and maturity as perfect partners to a fresh and energetic attitude. You will relish a busy, multi-tasking day, and a diverse working week. You will be calm under pressure, and readily adapt to a schedule that shifts to suit the unexpected. You will be a natural organiser – you will thrive in co-ordinating a busy practice, and seeing solutions where others see obstacles. You will be a self-starter with integrity, meticulous presentation, and a cheerful disposition.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting patients in a professional and courteous manner
- Scheduling patient consultations and attending to inquires
- Ensuring medical records are managed confidentially and efficiently
- Invoicing and receipting of patient consultations
- Attending to doctors requests
- Conducting Patient Surveys
KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE ESSENTIAL:
- Sound knowledge of operational practice issues gained through a minimum of 5 years' employment experience in medical practices or similar
- Previous Medical Secretary/Reception experience.
- A strong knowledge base of Medicare, DVA private Health Funds
- Computer Literate, preferred proficiency with Genie/Gentu/Clinic to Cloud Medical Software and Microsoft Office Professional
- Proficient Typist & Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- People & Self-Management skills
- drivers licence required
- flexibility to work in multiple locations
This is your opportunity to become a valued member of a highly dedicated team of professionals committed to excellence in patient care.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and your CV through the link provided. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical secretary?