Office Assistant - Casual
Advertiser: Metro Pain GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Metro Pain Group (MPG) is devoted to delivering a high standard of clinical interventional management of acute and chronic musculoskeletal, neuropathic and other complex pain conditions. Learn more about our practice at www.metropain.com.au.
We have recently opened Metro Pain Group Queensland (located in the suburb of Chermside, 4032) and require an enthusiastic office assistant to help us get up and running.
The ideal candidate for this role will have solid basic administration capabilities, be reliable and committed, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will take pride in being compassionate to our patients whilst helping us get the office up and running smoothly.
You will be performing a variety of office administration tasks and may also at times serve as the first point of contact for patients and visitors to our small clinic. A positive and proactive attitude, attention to detail and strong work ethic are essential for this role.
- Answering phones and taking messages
- Meeting and greeting our patients in a friendly, courteous manner
- Booking patient appointments
- Scanning, faxing, filing records
- Data entry, with high level of accuracy, is essential
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience in a front desk reception or office admin role is preferred
- Able to effectively manage competing demands in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use technology effectively and ability to pick up new technologies with ease
- Ability to prioritise and be proactive
- Solution focused
- Strong willingness to learn medical terminology (experience in this area a plus)
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- An enthusiastic nature with a willingness to provide exceptional customer service
- A high regard for the privacy and confidentiality of all patients
The clinic operates Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Initially, for approximately 4-6 weeks, this role will be required for 3 or 4 shifts a week of 7.5 hours per day, but over time this may reduce to 1-2 shifts. Flexibility in hours and days would be helpful.
If you believe you have the skills and experience outlined, please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria, and your reasons for interest in the role, via the links provided.Only those applicants who address the criteria above in a separate cover letter and possess the relevant experience, will be considered for this position.
We will contact you if we are interested in discussing the role further. Due to expected volume of applicants, only successful applicants should expect contact from us.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an office assistant?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- What's your preferred work type?