Import Customer Service - Freight Forwarding
Advertiser: Seabridge Global LogisticsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Sept 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Freight/Cargo Forwarding
About the business and the role
Seabridge Global Logistics is emerging as one of Australia's leading independent international logistics providers; offering a complete range of import, export, and integrated logistics services throughout Australia.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic team player to join our Sydney branch located in Mascot. In this rewarding position, you will be responsible for delivering quality Import Customer Service to our key customers.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the Branch Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the movement and management of customer orders while working closely with overseas partners, service providers and internal operations;
- Provide customers with regularly updated status of inbound orders and deliveries;
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with customers;
- Attend client visits when necessary;
- Provide quotations and maintain client costings.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- Demonstrated experience in Customer Service with an International Freight Forwarder;
- Excellent knowledge of import operations and customs procedures;
- Strong relationship building experience with excellent communication skills;
- A positive and proactive "can-do" attitude;
- Attention to detail, with sound analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Prior experience using CargoWise advantageous.
Remuneration is negotiable and will be based on the experience and capability of the successful candidate.
If you have the skills and experience that we require, apply online using the link below and submit your application today.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job benefits and perks
- Competitive remuneration package
- Stable, long term career opportunity
- Forward thinking, fast paced company
- Free onsite parking, close to Mascot Station
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have freight forwarding experience?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience using EDI software?
- What's your expected annual base salary?