Financial Assistant - Accounting Cadetship
Advertiser: Worrells Solvency + Forensic AccountantsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Sept 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Accounting, Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
We are offering a 12 month cadetship for undergraduate or graduate accounting students in our Parramatta office. Work will be flexible around your ongoing study commitments and we can offer a full time (40 hour/week) or part time (min. 30 hours/week) position.
This is an excellent opportunity to kick start your career with an exciting role. You will work directly on a wide range of files across a range of industries and obtain an overview of solvency management process. The role interacts directly with senior staff and Partners and offer a unique opportunity and opportunities to move to full-time permanent employment at the end of the contract are available for the right candidate
If you are successful in this position, we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a dynamic and talented team of professionals and work directly with them to quickly develop your skills.
- The ability to grow your knowledge through our extensive learning and development programs, which is personalised to focus on your career goals and aspirations
- A supportive and collaborative environment for you to learn and grow
- Opportunities to transition to a full-time permanent position at the end of the contract for those who excel.
Your duties will include:
- Calls and correspondence to:
- Directors/bankrupts regarding interviews and provision of information;
- Accountants and solicitors for client information; and
- Creditors and other stakeholders.
- Preparation of letters and correspondence, including registering the insolvent entity for GST with ATO;
- Prepare standard letters and mail merges associated with demands to the trade debtors of the company and maintain ledger for debtor collection;
- Investigations and searches of public registers and summarise results;
- Maintain the file within our industry leading proprietary software, including creditor/director/bankrupt details and updating proof of debt system.
- Prepare and lodge (once instructed) various ASIC forms.
- Preparation of Business Activity Statements;
- Recording of cash receipts / payments and journal entries;
- Preparation of standard correspondences to bankrupts, directors, major banks, accountants, solicitors, creditors, various courts, stakeholders, etc; and
- Answering of phone calls relating to administrations.
You will assist with the following tasks:
- Assist in gathering information for calculating employee entitlements;
- Partake in the investigations such as solvency analysis (extract information from externally prepared or management accounts (not full analysis));
- Assist in investigations regarding preferential payments i.e. summarising of bank statements, ATO running balance accounts and review of records (with File accountant supervision);
- ASIC reporting of financial activity;
- Assist in the adjudication of creditor claims;
- Attend meetings of creditors and take minutes of the meeting; and
- Assist (in conjunction with File Accountant / Supervisor) to review company's records and identify assets for recovery such as, bank account, equipment, trade debtors, real properties, loan accounts and other intangible assets.
Worrells is a fast-growing accounting firm specialising in solvency management and insolvency administrations. We have carved a successful niche in the small to medium enterprise market by delivering quality service through our unique systems.
We currently have an opportunity for more than one File Accountant to join our progressive and dynamic teams in both our Sydney CBD and our Parramatta offices.
If you are a highly motivated individual looking to take the first steps in your career, then we would love to hear from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?