Senior Specialist Medical Secretary/Admin OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Sept 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
In a Nutshell
The qualities we are looking for include maturity, self-confidence, honesty, commitment, and diplomacy. You'll combine a warm and caring disposition with professionalism and enjoy working in a sometimes very busy and stressful environment.
Someone who takes pride in their work and the way they present themselves. You need to be a brand ambassador every single day.
You'll need relevant work history to undertake this challenge.
All our services are performed in our Subiaco clinic.
We require reception coverage from 0845 -1730 hrs Monday- Friday. Flexibility to work beyond 1730 at times will be required.
This role is part time with potential to grow to full time dependant on applicant skill set and practice needs.
Please indicate your preferred working hours in your covering letter.
Are you the right fit ?
Are you a Senior Secretary/Administrator looking for the full or part time Specialist Medical SecretaryAdmin role that's going to test your many talents and give you opportunity to shine ?
Would you like to develop real relationships with your clients not simply operate at a transactional level ?
Are you bored and feel your many talents are currently underutilised ?
Are you passionate about delighting your customers with exceptional customer care ?
Do you want to be proud to belong to a organisation delivering world class care ?
Do you possess excellent people skills as well as excellent attention to detail ?
Are you able to pick up the pace when required and juggle multiple tasks whilst displaying composure under pressure ?
Are you are fast learner that can quickly understand principles and apply them to varying situations and is able to think independently ?
Are you a "self starter" and mature enough to work autonomously in the best interests of your employer and clients ?
If the answer to all of the above is yes this may be the perfect job for you!
About Us and The Role
We are a premier specialist clinic and a leader in our field delivering world class treatments in a niche medical area. Excellence in clinical care and customer service is paramount to what we do.
We are a dynamic organisation constantly striving to improve how we do things and delight our client base. We are always looking to the future and this means things don't stand still for us. Systems are currently being refined and modified to improve our service delivery, your input and assistance in this process would be valued.
This is NOT an entry level role. You will need to demonstrate capability and perform at a high standard to succeed in this role.
Our administrative team is the front line of our business and the commencement of the patient experience, as well as the voice of the Practice when our stakeholders and referrers contact us. You need to be excited about providing a sensitive, personal and professional impression on every occasion.
This role however is not for the faint hearted – you will need to walk the walk not just talk the talk ! Whilst confidence is important , this role also requires a high level of competence and ability to handle change, among other things you will need to be a fast learner who easily retains new information.
This role requires you to be professionally presented and spoken with an ability to engage and inform potential clients about our services in a professional and seamless manner.
- Reliable, punctual, strong work ethic
- Professionally groomed and spoken
- Friendly and polite personality, able to handle occasionally stressful situations
- Happy positive attitude, able to maintain a sense of humour
- Respectful and able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to prioritise, be resourceful and use initiative
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently when required
- Alert and responsive to the fact that we are a small clinic and everyone has multiple roles.
- Able to see beyond a narrow job description and observe what needs to be done and do it, be it vacuum the floor, clean the dishes, offer someone a drink etc..
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- High proficiency with administrative and receptionist skills in a health context
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- High literacy and numeracy skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- High level of IT competence especially with office suite - Word, Excel, Outlook as bare minimum.
- Efficient typing skills which include accurate spelling, good syntax and grammar and formatting
Obsessive attention to detail and problem solving skills
Hard-worker, ambitious, driven, passionate and happy to work extra hours when required
DUE TO THE HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICANTS ONLY THOSE SUBMITTING A COVER LETTER WITH CV ADDRESSING WHY YOU FEEL YOU ARE THE RIGHT "FIT" FOR THE ROLE WILL BE CONSIDERED
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME TAKEN IN APPLYING, ONLY THOSE SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?