Private Hospital Rehabilitation Admissions Officer
Advertiser: Minchinbury Community HospitalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Sept 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Inpatient Rehabilitation Clerk - Minchinbury Community Hospital
- Health industry experience essential
- Work close to home
- No weekends
- Onsite parking
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Minchinbury Community Hospital is a 57 bed surgical, medical and rehabilitation facility situated on acreage on the outskirts of Rooty Hill. It provides a range of services including rehabilitation, endoscopy, ophthalmic, ENT, dental, cosmetic, orthopaedic and general surgery.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opportunity exists for a friendly, confident and experienced Administration Officer to join the Minchinbury Community Hospital administration team. This role will be casual during the probationary period with view to permanency for the successful applicant.
You will be required to work closely with the patients and will be responsible for the following:
- Rehabilitation Patient bookings and health fund checks
- Patient admissions and discharges
- Liaising with health funds and third party insurance providers for inpatient approvals and extensions
- Greet patients on admission
- Assisting Nursing Staff with ward clerical duties and patient file maintenance
- Arrange patient follow-up appointments and transport
- Assisting with reception, switchboard and general office duties
- Previous experience in a similar health industry position required
- Experience using WebPas patient management system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent IT skills with understanding of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated customer service skills and commitment to providing superior customer service
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of Health Funds
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates with relevant health industry and WebPas experience will be contacted, thank you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?