Technical Director - Systems & Safety Assurance
Advertiser: SYSTRA Scott ListerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Sept 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Management
The SYSTRA Scott Lister Group provides comprehensive consultancy services to a variety of industry verticals including; Rail Transport and Defence sectors. As part of SYSTRA's global footprint, we help clients deliver complex engineering projects that require our consulting services and subject matter expertise. We have multiple office locations throughout Australia and provide our workforce with ongoing personal career growth, learning and development to achieve job satisfaction and long tenure.
Reporting to the Associate Director; The Technical Director - Systems Safety Assurance will provide technical expertise to the team, clients and projects on behalf of SYSTRA Scott Lister. The position will support project based objectives in a collaborative environment in which to apply your Systems Safety Assurance technical expertise.
- Provide sound technical guidance to a team of Systems Safety Assurance Engineers (Principal, Senior, Consultant level), ensuring that project objectives are achieved.
- Ensure exceptional levels of consulting services are provided, interfacing with clients and providing project leadership to the team.
- Act as the technical lead on various projects throughout the company, managing safety assurance processes and ensuring that safety requirements are met.
- Ensure the latest approaches to systems safety assurance are applied to projects on behalf of the business.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to ensure that positive safety outcomes are achieved and the required level of systems safety assurance is delivered.
Required experience & skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or a related discipline with Chartered or equivalent professional status from a relevant institution (e.g. CPEng, RPEQ, NER, etc).
- 10+ years Senior Systems & Safety Assurance expertise gained within the rail sector, with extensive experience in the application of EN 50126.
- Previous experience in a technical role, ideally applied in a consulting environment (desirable).
- Strong technical acumen, with experience in leading project teams.
- High level problem solving capabilities, including the ability to plan, be proactive and deliver value in a dynamic business environment.
- The ability to influence at all levels of seniority both internally and externally and with exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
At Systra Scott Lister, we believe that a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and experiences create a productive work environment. As such, we value diversity of thought and experience and encourage applications from diverse community groups. Our values are Bold Leadership, Connected teams and Excellence in all we do.
We offer full visa sponsorship and overseas & interstate relocation assistance for suitability qualified overseas candidates. Interested? Please click on the apply details and send your up to date resume for consideration.
SYSTRA Scott Lister does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies, we do however appreciate your interest.