CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Advertiser: Western Community Legal CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
Permanent full time position
Provide strategic leadership
Attractive remuneration package negotiable for the right person
Following the decision of the current incumbent to retire the Board of the Western Community Legal Centre (T/A WEstjustice) is now seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced CEO.
The purpose of the Centre is to address systemic injustice by providing free legal and other services on an individual level and more broadly through community education, law reform and advocacy. The Centre employs approximately 40-45 staff plus a substantial number of volunteers.
The CEO is responsible for the delivery of strategic outcomes as agreed with the Board, while ensuring that the Centre is a strong, sustainable and influential organisation that fulfills its purpose.
Oversee the implementation of the strategic objectives including the establishment of a new Operating Model to support the coherent and responsive approach to the needs of the community
- Drive the fulfillment of the Centre’s objectives to achieve more than an individual solution to problems;
Oversee the implementation of the organisation’s strategy including anticipating and acting on events which may advance the Centre’s purpose
Lead the organisation in pursuit of a reliable funding strategy directed at medium and long term sustainability
Lead the delivery of services in accordance with agreed frameworks, standards & budgets
Provide strategic and operational direction to the senior management team
Promote innovation in program direction while analysing, monitoring and responding to relevant economic, social, technical and legal trends and issues that could impact programs
Ensure relevant staffing and financial accountability requirements and reporting obligations are carried out, internally and to external funding bodies;
Enhance the public profile of the Centre's work
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Be eligible to hold a Principal practicising certificate in the State of Victoria;
- Demonstrated experience and ability in organisational management;
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of social justice, equity and access;
- Significant experience in the community and/or not for profit sector, particularly in Community Legal Centres;
- Significant experience in project development and fundraising; and
- Demonstrated experience in budget monitoring and financial acumen
Skills & Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role you will require:
Strategic, intellectual, conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to conceive, conceptualise and express innovative ideas with impact
Highly developed interpersonal skills including networking, relationship and alliance building and collaboration with a wide range of key stakeholders in government, private and community sectors
A collaborative, enthusiastic, motivational and team orientated leadership style
The ability to operate in a culturally diverse organisation with multiple external and internal stakeholders
Well-developed public speaking skills
For further information on this role please contact Meredith Blackstock on 0417600033
If you believe that you are the right person for this role then please submit your application by hitting the "apply now" button.
- Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 22nd October 2019
- No agency assistance is required
- You must hold the right to work permanently in Australia
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?