Early Childhood Teacher/Nominated Supervisor
Advertiser: South Mackay KindergartenMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Oct 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
An opportunity has become available at South Mackay Kindergarten for an experienced Early Childhood professional to join our centre as the Teacher/Nominated Supervisor commencing in January 2020. This is a full time position, however we are willing to discuss part time arrangements to the most suitable candidates.
South Mackay Kindergarten is a well respected community Kindergarten situated in Mackay within minutes of beaches and sporting facilities. South Mackay Kindergarten is affiliated with Lady Gowrie and has strong links with local schools, communities and outside agencies. Educators and staff have a strong belief and commitment to providing a high quality play based program and planning experiences and environments that are engaging and meaningful to children and families. They understand that children learn at their own pace and have their own unique way of learning and doing things. They have high expectations for all children to grow and achieve amazing things during their time at Kindergarten.
South Mackay Kindergarten is a single room service. We operate two groups:
- Monday, Tuesday & alternate Wednesday: 8:30am to 2:30pm.
- Thursday & Friday: 8am to 3:30pm.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in forming ongoing professional relationships with educators, families and stakeholders from the service community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood play based program.
- A current understanding of the National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process. A commitment to best practice across all seven (7) Quality Areas.
- A current understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration of colleagues from the ECEC Sector. Education Leader experience is highly regarded but not essential.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
Applicants will have the following:
- An approved ECT qualification (must meet ACECQA and QKFS requirements).
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration.
- Current Suitability Card or Exemption Care for Registered Teachers.
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training.
The successful candidate will receive a thorough handover from our current ECT/Nominated Supervisor and Lady Gowrie Advisors.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability in reference to the criteria above.
Please forward your application to our Committee President; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at close of business Monday,14th October 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?