Environmental Manager - PMO - Canberra BasedPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Construction, Health, Safety & Environment
An exciting opportunity to join one of Australia's leading renewable energy developers and become part of a dynamic team during the growth of its asset management business for large scale renewable energy projects across Australia.
CWP Asset Management are seeking an Environmental Manager to maintain environmental compliance and ensure CWP assets (Wind and Solar) are constructed and operated to the highest environmental standards. The Environmental Manager will work closely with all CWP construction and operations teams to ensure not only compliance with regulations and approvals are met but also identify, mitigate and report on potential risks and issues along with being the direct point of contact with regulatory and approval bodies. The role will be part of the centralised Project Management Office (PMO) based in Canberra however attendance to project and operational sites will be a required on a regular basis. It is essential that you have these skills at a mature level development in order to be proficient in this role.
- Ensure environmental compliance, inspections and reporting are undertaken in accordance with relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation, systems and processes and other policy requirements.
- Ensure clearing, rehabilitation, water licence, waste management and any other environmental monitoring is carried out as per the relevant licence/permit requirements.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with key operational and management stakeholders to communicate environmental management requirements and improve environmental outcomes.
- Liaise with key contractors to ensure environmental incident investigations occur and ensure actions are closed out in a timely manner.
- Manage consultants providing environmental and sustainability advice and documentation.
- Provide environmental and sustainability advice and make recommendations regarding project environmental and sustainability compliance to the Project Director and CWP Senior Management.
- Ensure environmental and sustainability principles are embedded and implemented in the project/operational facility.
- Identify environmental and sustainability risks and issues for the project/facility and ensure adequate measures are in place to mitigate their impacts.
Essential Skill Sets
- Think critically, logically and annotatively, and conduct independent research with a relatively high level of analytical evaluation.
- Analyse and resolve technical, planning and management issues using, where necessary, innovative techniques and solutions.
- Discuss issues and resolve problems at all levels.
- Assist with development of efficient strategies to manage development, environmental and land use compliance matters.
- Capability to manage a small team of support staff
- Capability to prepare clear and concise reports, prepare, track and report on project budgets
- Calm and clear thinking under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with good verbal and written communications
- Tertiary educated in either Environmental Science or equivalent, or an extensive track record in ensuring environmental compliance on large-scale construction projects
- Unrestricted driving licence.
If this sounds like the exciting opportunity you have been looking for and if your skills and experience match the requirements, please submit an application.
Salary is commensurate with skill, qualifications and experience level.
Applications accepted via SEEK only.
Applications close on 15/10/19
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?