Advertiser: Annex MediaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
We are an independent film and television production company based in the heart of Melbourne's CBD. We develop high quality film and television productions from beginning to end. Client satisfaction is fundamental to the success of our business and we are looking for professional company representatives with both creative and great communication skills who can achieve this.
We are looking for an enthusiastic cinematographer/Editor and crew all-rounders to work collaboratively with a small crew to shoot visually compelling documentaries on location. This role is a casual position and requires the successful applicant to be willing and proficient in multiple roles including camera operation, lighting and/or sound recording when required.
There is potential for this role to lead to ongoing employment.
Applicants with a media background and a mature and responsible approach to their work will be highly regarded. We welcome university graduates.
Cinematographer must haves:
- A sound knowledge and understanding with technical language
- An advanced user of Sony PXW-FS7M2K, A7s-ii, GH4 and other cameras and rig systems
- A fluent operation tracking devices including a Ronin Stabiliser
- Hands on skills and experience with camera operation, audio and/or lighting in order to capture professional standard narratives.
- A good eye for composition and light
- Motivation to do great work on every project and to always be improving your skills
- Creative problem solving skills and an ability to make critical creative decisions
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively with crew members
Editor must haves:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of screen language and syntax
- Advanced user of Premiere Pro and demonstrated competence with Adobe Creative Cloud Applications
- A strong eye for detail and able to deliver project to strict deadlines
- Impeccable storytelling skills and a seamless editing style
- A creative finesse and a demonstrated ability to deliver projects to a high standard
- The ability to colour-correct footage and grade them to create the desired look and feel of the narrative
- Be willing to take feedback onboard and be highly reflective and critical of own work
- Strong organisation and project management skills
Crew Member role description:
- A demonstrated ability to carefully organise and manage equipment
- Highly skilled in either lighting, sound, interviewing participants off camera
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative in facilitating the overall production
- Excellent time management skills and great attention to detail
- A high level of communication and ability to listen, take directions and express ideas effectively
- Project focussed and a strong desire to put your best in for every project
- Tertiary level education with a background in media and film/television
- Skills and experience with post-production. Competency with editing software including FCP X or Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro CC, After Effects and colour grading.
- Current driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
- Able to travel interstates when required
To apply, follow the links and please send your CV with cover letter and a link to your video or showreel. Also indicate which role you're applying for.
NOTE: Freelancers need not apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?