Sport and Recreation Officer
Advertiser: Richmond Valley CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Oct 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- $49,223 - $54,662 pa -pro rata + 9.5% super
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
We are seeking expressions of interest from current staff for an exciting new opportunity at the Casino Indoor Sports Stadium.
You would assist the Stadium Manager in the coordination of a mix of active and passive sports and leisure pursuits for the community and organise and attend some weekend activities (as required) including movie nights, sporting events, discos and trade shows.
- You have the ability to work as part of a team
- You can demonstrate sound interpersonal and communication skills
- You have the ability to communicate with adolescents
- You are flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
About the Role
Part time: 10 hours per week
Salary: Range from $49,223 to $56,607 pa pro rata + 9.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday, 20 October 2019
Contact: Ben West, Manager Casino Indoor Sports Stadium - 0428 624 500
The primary purpose of the role is to provide opportunities for the Richmond Valley community to participate in a range of quality sporting and recreational activities.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate with adolescents
- Understanding of duty of car and understanding of WHS requirements and responsibilities under State legislation
- Computer literacy
- Proactive self starter able to balance multiple tasks/projects through effective time, resource and project management
- Current C Class Driver Licence
- Valid working with children clearance
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
A First Aid Certificate and experience in coaching and coordinating sport would be an advantage!
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.