Advertiser: BellroyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
IN A NUTSHELL
Bellroy is on the search for an Accountant to help maintain an environment of strong financial controls, utilise technology to streamline processes and are excited to take on the challenge of helping this business through a period of rapid growth. We’ve recently raised capital from Australian and US growth equity investors and upgraded our business system to Netsuite. We’re growing at 30% plus year on year and our focus is on implementing the processes and structures to have us ready for faster growth. If you’re looking for a company where the work you do has an impact and you can work along-side a team of smart people with good intentions who get sh*t done, please read on…
As Bellroy’s Accountant you’ll be in charge of preparing international sales tax schedules, liaising with our suppliers, keeping our accounts receivables in control and preparing balance sheet reconciliations. You’ll also have plenty of new challenges to tackle and will have the opportunity to solve problems that you may have never faced before. You’re open to researching and trying something new, whether it is finding a way to automate processes or improving some reporting features in our new ERP system Netsuite to make sure it is working in the way it should be and to its fullest potential.
At Bellroy we work with a growth mindset - we’re always experimenting, iterating and shifting in search of better ways to achieve our goals. Bring us your accuracy, problem solving mind, and a solid foundation of finance knowledge; in return we’ll offer a world-class team to learn from, the tools to do your thing and support towards professional CPA/CA membership.
YOU COULD BE THE ONE IF YOU…
- Have an accounting degree and working towards a CPA/CA
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience
- Know how to prioritise tasks
- Know your way around spreadsheets
- Want to work collaboratively in a team within a fast-paced agile environment
- Think a workplace with dogs, coffee, breakout spaces and casual dresscode sounds like a great place to spend your working days
- Want to work for a company that cares about doing good things for the world
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST WEEK YOU MIGHT HAVE:
- Worked with the Financial Accountant on our end of month balance sheet reconciliations of marketplaces
- Worked with one of our department managers to ensure accuracy of monthly expense reporting
- Prepared and lodged sales tax returns in the US
- Noticed that the wholesale refund process could be improved and made some adjustments
- Checked freight and warehousing charges for discrepancies against the benchmarks
- Assisted the Finance Manager with an ad-hoc project like gathering the data for the audit of revenue recognition
WHY WORK FOR BELLROY?
Bellroy’s mission is “to inspire better ways to carry; use business as a force for good; and help the world – and our crew – flourish”. We make great carry products that delight people in their everyday lives. We help our staff love their work and grow as people. We donate a portion of our revenue to some of the world’s most effective charities. We are constantly looking for better ways to do… well, everything. Want to help us?
LOCATION AND HOURS
This is a full-time role based in our Fitzroy office.
Start Date: We're ready when you are!
IF YOU'RE READY TO APPLY...
We love receiving applications directly. You'll give yourself the best chance by visiting this website: https://grnh.se/f36712a11 to apply.
You'll need your cover letter, resume and to answer a few questions.