Fundraising & Events Coordinator
Advertiser: Ronald McDonald House Charities Victoria & TasmaniaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Oct 2019
- $60,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
- Exciting opportunity to work for an iconic children's charity
- Part-time position – .8 FTE. 12-month contract with a view to extend
- Based at Ronald McDonald House Hobart
- Helping to raise funds to support Tasmanian families
Who we are
Ronald McDonald House Charities Victoria & Tasmania (RMHC VIC & TAS) is a not-for-profit supporting the ever-changing needs of seriously ill children and their families. We operate 4 Ronald McDonald Houses, 4 Family Rooms and 300 students on our Learning Program.
In 2018, 2,600 families were able to stay close to their sick child at one of our Ronald McDonald Houses and over 50,000 visitors made use of the Family Rooms to take some time out from the ward.
Working in a great team, your diverse role will include:
- Event management of the Chapter's Tasmanian Gala Ball
- Managing key stakeholders, partnerships, donors and the community
- Coordinate business networking group
- Contribute to and help deliver an annual fundraising strategy
- Understand, manage and report on budgets and track performance
- Travel to other locations within Tasmania and interstate as required
We're looking for a self-starter who can work both autonomously and as part of a team. To be successful you will be flexible, organised and happy to roll up your sleeves and approach any tasks that come your way with a positive attitude.
- Tertiary qualification in fundraising, business or related discipline
- Experience in planning and coordinating events, fundraising, sales or new business development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills and focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- IT savvy including content creation for social media, development of website content and/or digital campaigns
- Attention to detail
- Driver's license
- Database experience
- Flexibility as some work will be required outside of standard business hours
- Not-for-profit experience desirable
What's in it for you?
You can look forward to a fulfilling career with excellent salary packing benefits working in central Hobart. We offer professional development opportunities and the chance to use your creativity. Opportunity to purchase additional leave throughout the year.
RMHC VIC & TAS are committed to providing a child-safe environment. All staff are required to complete a Working with Children's Check and Police Check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking 'apply now' within the Seek advertisement.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?