Advertiser: Atomic GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $55,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
At Atomic Group Australia we are proud of our dynamic culture. We have and will continue to invest a lot in our people, systems and facilities and have seen exciting growth in all areas to make us one of the leading providers of comfort footwear, sporting goods and sportswear.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join our progressive and innovative team in Melbourne.
Why we exist
We exist to ensure people are taking the right step comfortably in life. This step is taken via:
- our footwear division designing and distributing superior shoes for pressure relief, alignment and stability, and support and protection, and
- our sportswear division – growing the accessibility to adidas designed and branded clothing and sporting goods
We are always interested in passionate professionals keen to make a difference in this space.
What is the job responsible for:
The Accountant is primarily responsible for completing reports and all financial responsibilities aligned to the Atomic Group of businesses in the allocated time frame. The tasks include:
- Daily banking reconciliation
- Weekly wholesale and retail reporting
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable
- Assist in payroll process
- Maintenance of fixed assets register and prepayments
- Month end journals and reconciliations to trial balance
- Assist with other accounting projects and ad-hoc tasks as requested
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have excellent communication and IT skills.
- Be personable and have an ability to influence people of all levels
- Have strong problem-solving and creative skills.
- Have strong time management skills and resilience
- Be a good team player
- Have a keen eye for detail.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in accounting/finance is a must
- 2-3 years experience in accounting or finance role
- CPA or CA qualified, or studying towards completion
- An understanding of the retail industry
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?