Commercial Manager and Commercial Analyst
Advertiser: Private AdvertiserMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Commercial Manager and Commercial Analyst –
Tasmanian Irrigation (TI)
Tasmanian Irrigation’s (TI) primary aim is to grow the wealth of Tasmania by developing and enhancing the productive capacity of the State’s agricultural industries. TI currently operate 16 irrigation schemes throughout the State and have one under construction. With Federal and State funding totalling more than $170m on top of its existing investment, TI is committed to a significant number of new irrigation schemes extending out over the next decade right across the State. For further information on TI please visit their website at www.tasmanianirrigation.com.au
To support this long term capital investment program, we are searching for a
Commercial Manager and a Commercial Analyst with both roles to be based in Launceston reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
As a key manager within the Corporate Services team and reporting directly to the CFO, you will provide comprehensive, accurate and timely financial and commercial coverage and advice to all areas of TI which will include analysis associated with water sales, leasing, water trading, electricity consumption and sales, contract negotiations, business case preparation, funding (state, federal and private) and assessment of augmentation proposals. You will also oversee the Commercial Analysis team.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager and as a key member of the Corporate Services team you will provide a range of thorough and timely financial, commercial economic and performance analysis and advice to all areas of TI. This advice will be wide ranging and you will be exposed to monitoring and reporting on key financial and non-financial KPI’s, negotiation of supply contracts, provide advice on pricing and expenses, preparation of budget forecasting and management reporting as well as working with the rest of the Corporate Services team to identify efficiencies and improvements across the organisation.
The successful applicants will demonstrate the following skills and competencies;
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in either Finance, Accounting or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated financial, commercial and economic modelling capability
- Display high level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present high-level documentation relevant to a range of audiences and suitable for internal, external, executive consumption
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse evidence, interrogate data and provide operational, commercial and financial reports, advice and solutions. A knowledge of internal financial systems such as TechOne would be advantageous.
For a confidential discussion or to request a copy of the position descriptions, please contact Richard Durand on (03) 6223 3055 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Commercial Manager role or Sharon Miller on (03) 6333 3824 or via email at email@example.com for the Commercial Analyst role. Applications close 21 October, 2019.
The power of people