Receptionist/ Team Assistant
Advertiser: IFC - Member of the World Bank GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC Sydney office is seeking to recruit a Receptionist cum Team Assistant to assist in the country activities of the IFC. Receptionist carries out a full range of reception and office assistance duties including supporting office administration management. Receptionist coordinates extensively with office operations units and liaises frequently with supporting team members both in the EAP and Pacific region and, as well as external service vendors. The position will report to the Sydney’s Operations Analyst who will provide supervision and guidance.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Maintaining office reception desk by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; picking-up and delivering items; receiving & transferring phone calls, taking messages
• Receiving missions, consultants, guests, visitors & directing them to appropriate meeting room and person
• Receiving office faxes, correspondences, pouch, invoices/receipts and recording into the log sheet, distributing to appropriate person and particularly treating all office correspondence in strict confidence.
• Arranging teleconference and video conference in coordination with IT Team
• Booking, monitoring occupancy and maintaining meeting rooms
• Coordinating catering arrangements when required
• Making travel arrangements for staff, consultants, and missions (accommodation and pick-up) Coordinating visa application process for staff, consultants and missions.
• Updating staff list and distributing to office staff.
• Assisting in arranging seminars, workshops and meetings
• Back up Team Assistant when required
• Performing other secretarial support when required (typing, photocopying, search information, etc.)
Office Administrative duties:
• Making travel arrangements, including travel itineraries, hotel arrangements, ground transportation, visa arrangements, etc. Coordinating with travel agency and other regional offices to ensure that logistical arrangements for the trips are well planned and prepared. Maintaining and regularly distributing accurate schedules of staff travel and visiting missions
• Maintaining office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations. Arranging refreshment, serving tea/coffee and lunch/dinner to staff and participants of workshops/seminars/meetings
• Ordering, receiving, and replenishing tea, coffee and drinking materials. Monitoring daily consumption and sufficient storing
• Checking utilities/office supply bills and ensuring accuracy
• Photocopying, binding, paper cutting etc.
• Assisting in logistics for office events
• Participating in annual asset physical check and inventory
• Handling delivery and receipt of important documents
• Monitoring all first aid kits in office, handling the consumption monitoring and replenishment
• Performing other administrative functions as and when required
• Keeping meeting rooms, staff offices, kitchen and storage tidy, maintaining crockery/cutleries/ appliances in a clean condition
• Arranging regular deep cleanings and ensuring quality.
• High school or equivalent diploma or comparable experience
• Hard working and good service attitude
• Ability to work accurately, work as part of a team, take instruction
• Office Experience - General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills
• Dependability & attention to details
• Client Orientation – Demonstrates positive client service attitude; is able to develop good working relations with internal/ external clients
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Only Australian and New Zealand citizens, permanent Australian residents or persons with a valid work permit for Australia for at least a three year period are eligible to apply for this position.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years.
Closing Date: October 28, 2019 (17:00)
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration assistant?
- What's your highest level of education?