Product & Process Engineer
Advertiser: Wespine Industries Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Process Engineering
Wespine Industries Pty Ltd is a plantation softwood sawmilling company with its operations based just outside Bunbury in Dardanup. The company is a market leader in the provision of softwood timber to the National building and packaging industries with a strong culture of continuous improvement and investment into its manufacturing operation and management support systems.
Reporting to the Process Manager and supporting the Operations and Sales departments, this role will provide the right applicant with an exciting opportunity to become an expert in their field.
- Identify, plan, coordinate and participate in wood products development activity.
- Contribute analysis, technical advisory services and project management services to support the continuous improvement of our products, processes and operations.
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of relevant Australian and International standards relating to production, grading and application of timber and timber products, including building codes and regulations.
- Coordinate our standards and grading committee.
- Monitor and report on the properties and trends of machine graded pine.
- Liaise with the end users of our products through the Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of production and optimisation technology and timber treatment techniques.
Skills & Experience
- Experimental techniques.
- Data collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation.
- Verbal and written communication skills including report writing and public presentation.
- Knowledge of Australian Building Codes and Standards.
- Knowledge of timber products and properties (desirable but not essential).
- Knowledge of advanced manufacturing technology (desirable but not essential).
- Degree in Engineering or Science with Civil or Structural qualifications and experience will be highly regarded.
Want to work for Wespine?
A competitive pay package will be negotiated dependent on the skills and experience of the applicant.
If this is an opportunity you are interested in applying for, please follow the 'Apply Now' prompts, applications to please include a cover letter and resume.
Please note only candidates considered suitable for the position will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a process engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?