Casual Relief Integration Aide - Craigieburn South Primary School
Advertiser: Craigieburn South Primary SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
Craigieburn South Primary School is seeking Casual Relief Integration Aides, to provide support for students on a casual relief basis. The role will encompass supporting students with additional needs and providing literacy and numeracy support for students. The role also encompasses personal care requirements for students (i.e. toileting, general hygiene etc.) as well as support aspects to ensure the school operates in good working order.
* Casual hourly rate $31.52
* Casual Relief Basis
* A Certificate III in Education Support is required, or applicant must be willing & eligible to undergo a 12 month traineeship
* Yard duty and first aid are requirements of this position, as is personal care needs of students. A level 2 first aid certificate will be required, or the applicant must be willing to undergo such training
* Experience dealing with students with special needs is desired
* Experience dealing with students in a school setting is desired.
* A current “employee” Working with Children Card is required.
SC1 - Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions in one or more work areas within a school environment
SC2 - Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support and/or attendant care to students where necessary
SC3 - Demonstrated proficiency in the use of office systems as relevant to the position
SC4 - Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.
SC5 - A commitment to professional learning and growth
Who May Apply
Individuals with the aptitude, experience and/or qualifications to fulfill the specific requirements of the position
EEO AND OHS Commitment
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Child Safe Standards
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
The Department’s employees commit to upholding DET’s Values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership and Human Rights. DET’s Values complement each school’s own values and underpin the behaviours the community expects of Victorian public sector employees, including those who work in Victorian Government Schools. Information on the DET values is available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/workm/Pages/Public-Sector-Values.aspx
Conditions of Employment
* All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
* Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
* A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
Detailed information on all terms and conditions of employment is available on the Department's Human Resources website at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/Pages/default.aspx
Applications must address each individual selection criteria.
Applications close 7/11/2019
Applications can be submitted to Craigieburn.email@example.com.
Any enquiries, please call Donna Allis on 9308-3133.