- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Asia Pacific, PNG & Pacific Islands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Our client, the Fiji Development Bank (FDB), is Fiji’s only development bank. The Bank drives growth through the funding of businesses and projects which add value to the Fijian economy and maximize local participation. Sectoral focus includes Agriculture, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Tourism and Renewable Energy. It is the first national entity in the Pacific region to also gain Green Climate Fund (GCF) accreditation.
The Bank is seeking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and commercially astute professional to the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for directing and providing leadership for the overall operations of the organization and implementing the vision and strategic priorities for the Bank. You will also be accountable for driving a customer-focused culture as well as managing relationships with various stakeholders to ensure FDB meets its objectives. As the leader of the organization, your responsibilities will also include:
- Delivery of the Bank’s growth agenda and as an economic enabler according to its strategic plan.
- Driving financial sustainability, appropriate product mixes, asset and revenue growth.
- Ensuring the effective management of the organisation including business planning, financial management, human resources management, and policy and governance functions.
- Leading change, innovation and continuous improvement in systems and work processes and practices to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Overseeing the rigorous credit policies and assessment, approval, monitoring and review processes to support a high quality loan portfolio.
- Attracting and retaining a high performing team exhibiting the Bank's style and values.
- Being the corporate ambassador of the Bank in national and international communities.
- Timely and accurate reporting to the Board of Director and its Committees and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Controlling and managing the Bank’s overall risk exposure.
- Being the key primary contact as the accredited entity of the Green Climate Fund in Fiji.
Qualifications and experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior executive role in a financial institution is required.
- Extensive banking, business, corporate and/or institutional banking experience including strong working knowledge in commercial lending and due diligence practices.
- Strong knowledge of wholesale and investment banking product markets.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills with a focus on securing strategic partnerships, business planning, people and financial management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills to build strong relationships, foster stakeholder engagement, create new partnerships and drive a customer service culture of excellence and innovation.
- Strong business skills and commercial acumen with the capability to drive business growth including achieving results and targets.
Applications addressing the requirements above, together with a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, three referees with email and telephone contacts should be forwarded to “Chief Executive Officer - FDB”, c/- KPMG, GPO Box 32, Suva, Fiji or email email@example.com no later than 4pm, Monday 21st October 2019.
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?