Manager of Industry Partnerships & Education
Advertiser: SA Sports Medicine AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- $56,000 to $62,000 (FTE $70,000 to $77,500) +super
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
About the business
SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) is:
- A multi-disciplinary membership organisation inclusive of all medical and allied professions with an interest in sport and recreation;
- A non profit health & safety promotion organisation;
- And a community education and industry service provider.
Our Purpose is to provide excellent professional development and services in the areas of injury prevention, management and education for the sporting community.
Our Values are:
- Solution Focused
Our Positioning is:
- A multi-disciplinary membership that offers diverse expertise and knowledge in sports medicine, and sport and exercise science;
- Latest research and technologies are applied to education and training;
- Distinct capacity to support the industry from grass roots to elite.
Our Staff are:
- Strategic relationship builders.
- Effective communicators across a diversity of industry partners and stakeholders.
- Dedicated to providing quality education, training and services with ability to be adaptable.
Our Membership is multi-disciplinary in nature and inclusive of all medical and allied professions who have an interest in sport.
Members include Doctors, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Exercise Physiologists, Sport and Exercise Scientists, Psychologists, Dietitians, Accredited Sports Trainers, University Researchers and Lecturers and other allied health professional disciplines.
About the role
The Manager of Industry Partnerships & Education (IP&E) reports to the Executive Officer (EO) and will be responsible for maintaining and developing new partnership opportunities within the sports, recreation, medical and allied health fields as well as overseeing the Community and Members Education Programs. The Manager of IP&E coordinates, manages and expands the services offered to members, increasing the accessibility of the programs throughout South Australia.
The role also provides direction and leadership of the SA Sports Medicine Association's Community Education and Services Programs along with the staff and volunteers associated with these programs.
Members Education Program
- Oversee and develop member services to meet the growing and changing needs of the membership base.
- Build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify new and liaise with existing partners to grow membership services.
- Provide the Medical Director, Members Conference Convenors and Education Committee with administrative support to ensure efficient and effective coordination of the Professional Members and Student Education program.
- Apply and submit documentation for the RACGP processing as requested.
Community Education and Community Services Programs
- Oversee the development, promotion and delivery of the SASMA Community Education and Community Services Programs.
- Identify new and engage with existing partners to grow the Community Education and Community Services Programs with the view to enhancing income streams for sustainability of these programs.
- Coordination and management of staff and volunteers in the Community Services programs. With the assistance of the Community Project Officer identify, organise and train staff, presenters, sports trainers and volunteers who work for SASMA.
Government Funding and Sponsorship
- Project manage Government funded programs / projects as determined and in discussion with the Executive Officer.
- In conjunction with the Executive Officer identify and assist to source funding opportunities through the development of current and new corporate partnerships to ensure ongoing relationships.
Marketing and Communication
- Strengthen the profile of SASMA including via partnership building and social media avenues.
- Assist the Marketing and Events Officer with coordinating newsletters and e-newsletter for communication to members, sports trainers and wider community.
Members Services and Administration
- Provide reports to Council Meetings informing Council Members of current projects including making recommendations.
- Oversee Member requests and grievances in accordance with policy and procedures.
Skills and experience
- Experience in developing new business opportunities and developing relationships with new industry partners;
- Experience in presenting and facilitating workshops;
- Coordination of paid and voluntary staff;
- Competency base learning pathways;
- Membership based organisation.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with external partners as well as internal SASMA employees;
- Demonstrate strong time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise workload and manage internal/external expectations;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent client / members engagement skills and the ability to adapt to meet their needs;
- Possess strong business and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated office skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM's and Website management and ability to troubleshoot IT issues that may arise.
- Confident speaker, presenter and versatile communicator, with experience influencing/negotiating outcomes;
- Confident with the ability to manage competing stakeholder expectations between members and external partners;
- Driven for results and quality standards;
- Alignment with organisation's values;
- Ability to take initiative, work creatively, set priorities;
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also as part of a team;
- Strong member and customer focus.
- Relevant Tertiary Education Qualification preferably in a Medical, Allied Health or Management area;
- Current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate or equivalent;
- A current SA Driver License (Essential).
If successful the candidate will be required to undertake a DHS/DCSI Working with Children Check.
A full Job Description can be obtained at:
All applications must be submitted in one single document and include:
- A cover letter that outlines the candidate's skills and experience highlighting the Selection Criteria found in the Job Description (no more than 3 pages).
- A current resume, including no less than 2 professional references including recent supervisor.
Applications that fail to address the selection criteria (as clearly outlined in point 1 above) will not be considered for this role.
For further information please contact Daniel Clark on 08 8234 6369 or at email@example.com (confidentiality assured).
Applications should be marked confidential and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and titled: SASMA Manager of Industry Partnerships & Education Application
Applications close 9:00am (ACDT) Monday 28th October 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?