Design Engineer Mechanical
Advertiser: Rheinmetall Defence AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Brisbane, Western Suburbs & Ipswich
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
This is a rare opportunity to join an international design team developing world leading technology. Commence employment on a German secondment and relocate to a state of the art design and manufacturing facility in Brisbane. With an elaborate international network form part of a collaborative team of scientist, engineers and technical specialist all striving for a common goal of excellence.
About the role
Our Mechanical Design Engineering team is responsible for a carrying out a range of engineering tasks to support the design, verification, production, delivery and support of the LAND400 Mission System.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Liaising with System Engineers to develop customer focused design concepts;
- Development of subsystem specification in DOORS;
- Development of specification for subcontractor work packages and project management of subcontractor developments;
- Develop a system specification complaint mechanical solution included but not limited to Transportability, Environmental, Human Factor, Mechanical System interfaces;
- Conduct mechanical feasibility studies for development of new technologies and products
- Develop concepts and layout studies in CAD (NX);
- Participate in formal and informal Design Reviews;
- Support prototype manufacture and Verification and incorporate results as appropriate;
- Assist in the preparation of customer Engineering Change Proposals;
- Provide problem solving and continuous improvement support to Production and Through Life Support (TLS); and
- Fulfil other duties and responsibilities that may be required as determined with your manager from time to time.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant Engineering field (preferably Mechanical) that is recognized by The Institute of Engineers Australia;
- Experience in military or automotive vehicle mechanical design;
- Have excellent written English communication skills using automotive engineering terminology;
- Have significant experience in interpreting complex engineering function and performance specifications, and a capacity to identify existing technical solutions to meet these specifications;
- Successful applicants must currently hold or be eligible to gain the appropriate Australian Security Clearance; and
- Ability to travel interstate and international when required.
Additionally it would be advantageous to have:
- Experience in the design of heavy military vehicles;
- Experienced in working with CASG/Defence
- Experience working within an ISO9001 framework;
- System Engineering Management experience
- A working knowledge of non-conformance systems I.e. corrective actions, preventative actions, change notices and engineering change proposals.
- German communications skills
What's on offer?
Opportunity to work in Germany
This opportunity would see you relocate to Kassel, Germany for up to 12 months. Our team will support and guide you through the transfer every step of the way including advice for living in Germany, detailed guides, tax support, removal services, booking your travel (ie. Flights) and a support service are provided to you for emergency and medical assistance while living in Germany. Our HR team in Germany will also be there to assist with your visa, engage a local relocation vendor to assist with the home search and orientation activities, facilitate German language training as well as arrange your temporary accommodation upon arrive in Germany.
We also offer:
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 4 November 2019
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Katie Patrick on 0456 729 756 and quote AU00034.