Resident Couple ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
City Star Brisbane Motel is seeking a management couple to join our friendly and professional team. This property is harboured a short stroll away from the Brisbane Cricketing Ground, also affectionately known as The Gabba. The motel has 44 guest rooms and suites, a swimming pool and a conference room.
The live-in resident couple manager will be:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of running the motel;
- Performing a hands-on role ensuring that the accommodation and grounds are well maintained and cleaned to a high standard;
- Managing and mentoring front desk and housekeeping staff;
- Responsible for after hour check ins and emergencies;
- Providing accurate and timely operation reports to the head office; and
- Assist the stakeholders in coordinating special projects.
Snap shot of day-to-day responsibilities:
- Take phone calls and email bookings
- Check-in and check-out
- Manage rates and inventory
- Guest Relations
- Reputation Management – guest reviews
- Rostering, coordinating, supervising front desk and housekeeping staff
- Consumable stock control
- Working with contractors
- Minor repairs and maintenance of the interior and exterior of the property and ancillary accommodation
- Cleaning and maintenance of garden, pool, and common facilities
- Prepare room service hot breakfast
- Room checks
Interested couples would ideally have experience in the accommodation industry but not essential. At least one applicant must be equipped with computer and administration skills, and the other applicant should ideally have strong repairs, maintenance, and gardening skills. They would demonstrate that they have the following skills and experiences:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills under pressure
- Understanding of and compliance with WH&S
- Strong repairs and maintenance skills – a trade certificate will be highly regarded
- A high level of computer literacy - Microsoft office, familiar with RMS, digital marketing
- Demonstrate commitment to customer satisfaction
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great organisational and administrations skills
- Flexible attitude to work and work hours
- Be ready to make a commitment of 2 years (1 year contract with 1 year option)
An attractive salary package will be negotiated. This position is available to commence immediately.
We thank everyone in advance for applying for this role, however, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.
Please do not contact the Motel direct.
Interested couples please apply through SEEK or feel free to email your applications and resumes to Anyi Chen – City Star Lodge HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?