Executive Assistant to the Managing Director & Event Planner / Coordinator
Advertiser: 1300MEDICSMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, PA, EA & Secretarial
Wanted! A focused, resourceful and experienced Executive Assistant (EA) with high energy, exceptional communication and organisational skills to support our busy Managing Director at 1300MEDICS.
Over the past 10 years, 1300MEDICS have grown our team, service offering, and brand to become a strong and prominent force in the special event and mass gathering medicine industry! As we continue to grow locally and support our expansion into new areas, we need an experienced EA to support our Managing Director.
This role requires an assistant to help our busy Managing Director keep the balls in the air by not only organising and managing his day and week, but also getting into the nitty gritty and helping him get his work out the door and complete business projects!
This person will make things happen and be an 'Organiser of Everything' to help him coordinate his professional and personal life and be flexible enough to work across a variety of interesting tasks, projects and events.
So who is our next star?
This EA needs to be experienced. Our Managing Director is an easy-going warm person who has a lot on his plate and this role will be required to manage him to achieve the business objectives. The role is approx. 70% Executive Assistant and 30% event planning and support. This role will require the following:
- Monitoring and organising his calendar and inbox and responding to emails as required;
- Scheduling and confirming meetings and events;
- Preparation of agendas, reports and meeting notes;
- Preparation of quotes, proposals and client presentations;
- Inputting workflow information into the company databases and intranet;
- Preparation of financial reporting for weekly financial management meetings;
- Liaising with relevant external advisors and contacts;
- Coordinating all aspects of travel for him and working to support personal commitments;
- Building positive relationships with clients and stakeholders at all levels;
- Some intra/interstate travel will be required;
- Ensuring he is completely supported and able to smoothly manage his very full life.
The boxes you must tick:
- Experience working one on one with a busy Executive, Director, CEO or Founder (minimum of 1 year);
- Be a confident, humble, honest, friendly and warm person;
- Have unquestionable integrity and loyalty;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Off the chart organisational skills and the ability to own and lead this role;
- Advanced skills using Adobe & Microsoft Office 365 packages;
- Not afraid to manage up and direct the Managing Director politely and professionally as required;
- Resourceful with a 'get it done' attitude with the ability to hit the ground running;
- Support both professional and personal requirements;
- Tech savvy and able to help bring new projects to life;
- High attention to detail;
- Be discreet and maintain confidentiality / privacy.
Nice to have's:
- MYOB AccountRight knowledge;
- Social media savvy;
- Graphic design skills;
- Commercial and business acumen;
- Marketing experience.
If you thrive in a dynamic fast pace environment and are looking for an opportunity to take control, wear a variety of hats, and have a direct impact on a very busy Managing Director's life, we encourage you to learn more about us through social media or at www.1300medics.com.au.
Send us a cover letter or video with why we should meet you, with your resume attached.
Interviews will be held in late October / early November.
- How many years' experience do you have as an executive assistant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to provide on call support when required?