- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Telecommunications
Do you love technology and providing IT support internally? Join our legendary IT Support team, and help us be the best support to our employees.
We are a business who is crazy about customers. We use disruptive thinking every day to ensure that we are capturing every opportunity to deliver the ultimate experience to our customers and people. We empower our people to Do it. Own it. Love it and that’s why they choose to work for us. Here, it’s never just a job – We care about what we do and the impact we have, and that’s what connects us.
Whoever you are, you'll fit right into our team of 1,400 different personalities. We’ll support you to be the best you can be here at Vocus and at home.
What’s the opportunity?
Would you like to be part of a growing Telco and help us to support Vocus employees? We are looking for people with strong customer service skills, people who show initiative and flexibility with a “can do” attitude. You will need to be organised, reliable, a self-starter, self-motivated and a team player.
The key responsibilities of this role:
- Providing telephone and face to face technical support to users regarding IT Support issues.
- Resolving client problems, queries and complaints in an effective and timely manner.
- Providing technical advice to other IT Support team members.
- Following agreed procedures, respond to requests for assistance by providing information to enable users to resolve their problems.
- Maintaining accurate log entries of fault with resolution and contact details.
- Ensuring all hardware/software installations and routine upgrades are implemented according to Service Level Agreements.
- Providing the business with a professional service by ensuring requests are regularly updated and realistic resolution times are provided.
- Working on most assigned tasks without referral back to Team Leader.
- Ensuring technical queries not progressing are escalated to relevant teams according to established procedures.
- Participating in ongoing team training.
- Coordinating and updating the IT Support Wiki & Knowledge Base.
- Collaborate and work effectively with other teams
- Other Corporate IT tasks as directed
- Strong technical knowledge of Desktop hardware and software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple problems at once and prioritise issues.
- Strong knowledge of the organisation's Standard Operating Environment (SOE).
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Knowledge of industry standards and government regulations relevant to data communications / networking.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with a customer service orientation.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner and build relationships with a broad range of people.
- Absolute focus on service to users.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- 1-3 years of relevant IT Support experience coupled with relevant IT qualifications.
The extra stuff we know you want to know
We know how to celebrate our wins and we know learning from our mistakes makes us better. We are all about flexible working and, hand on heart, we practise work life balance. We high five you on your work anniversary and give you a day off. We know time off is important for balance, so we have an option to buy more leave. We embrace your unique style and let you be a master of your own style with no dress code. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn to find out more!
Did I hear you say, “Who is Vocus Group?”
We are a challenger business in the Telco and Energy Industry. We listened to our customers and heard that they wanted more from a network, so that’s what we’ve given them.
- We built the network thanks to our own team of highly skilled fibre engineers.
- We own our network giving us easier, straightforward access.
- We manage our network here in Australia out of our Melbourne offices.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?