General Manager, Queensland Operations
Advertiser: Dean & Ling ExecutiveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) is the Queensland Government’s dedicated global business agency. TIQ plays a critical role in helping to deliver the Queensland Government’s economic plan through assisting Queensland exporters take their products to world markets and promoting Queensland as a preferred destination for investment. TIQ has a global network of 16 international offices, and eight regional offices, supporting Queensland exporters to do business overseas and to attract international investment into Queensland
The Queensland Operations Division is responsible for growing diversified exports, creating investment opportunities and promoting major events to build and showcase Queensland. This is achieved through a number of priority sectors which focus on Mining and Resources, Food and Agribusiness, Urban Infrastructure and Knowledge Industries, who partner with their Regional Network that is strategically located across eight regional centres.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for leading TIQ’s industry engagements across sectors aligned to Queensland government priorities, client engagement and a regional network of trade and investment officers. You will also be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective administration and operation of the Division for the delivery of client-centred outcomes in accordance with the TIQ Strategic Plan and the Board’s priorities.
The role has a key responsibility in managing key stakeholder partnerships including government agencies, the Local Government Association of Queensland, regional councils and industry associations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide the highest level of strategic advice, information and guidance to Government, the Board and the Chief Executive officer on critical developments and emerging opportunities.
- Provide strategic leadership and influence to align policy platforms and programs at a whole-of-government level to support new and renewed investment, capability development and innovation.
- Oversee the ongoing and strategic review of policies and programs and develop reform agendas that deliver improved results for government, industry and communities.
- Establish and maintain highly effective communication strategies and protocols and stakeholder negotiation and liaison activities across government and with other private and public sector stakeholder organisations.
- Manage a Division that is customer driven, providing first class advice, direction and services related to export and investment attraction.
- Provide strong, motivational executive leadership to the agency, including fostering a professional environment which elicits commitment, ethical behaviour, skills development and continuous improvement.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have management, commerce or leadership qualifications, ideally at post-graduate level, with strong business and commercial acumen. International trading and investment knowledge and experience will be highly advantageous as will a demonstrated track record of leading strategically with vision in complex political environments. You will have strong capabilities to manage key stakeholder relationships whilst continuing to build organisational capability.
Finally, it goes without saying that you will be skilled in inspiring individuals and teams in the pursuit of results.
To view the full job description for this position; please visit: Smart jobs and careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Mark Phillips of Dean & Ling Executive on 07 3211 1018. Alternatively, submit your application via the Apply Button or visit www.deanling.com.au Ref No: MP021019