- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- $63,258 - $68,506 pa + 17% super + leave loading
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Body Corporate & Facilities Management
- Deliver multi-skilled general duties to the campus community
- Utilise your knowledge of building repair
- Full-time, continuing role based in Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Operating within the ACU’s Infrastructure Portfolio, the Properties and Facilities Directorate is led by the Director of Properties and Facilities and is a highly visible customer service-centric unit, interacting with a number of internal and external stakeholders and therefore must be presented with the utmost professionalism at all times.
As Facilities Services Officer, you will:
- undertake general building and services repairs including, handyman services, locks & keys, logistics involving meetings, events, office set-ups, relocations and support etc.
- ensure WHS measures are implemented and practiced including wearing necessary uniforms and PPE
- access electronic asset and building data including cad drawings (ACUSIS) to identify location requirements and present solutions
- proactively complete service requests so that work request completion rates exceed 99% each month.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- the correct application of painting and decorating techniques
- knowledge and understanding of air conditioning complaints, faults and repairs
- prior experience in the correct set up of an office in a corporate or tertiary education environment
- the capability to work within a multi-skilled workplace that will involve lifting, moving, setting-up and transferring of materials, items.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality we offer leading practice parental leave entitlements for both men and women, flexible work options and a range of generous leave options to assist with work-life balance.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description Facility Services Officer HEW 4 PD.pdf Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $74,861 - $81,071 pa, including salary component $63,258 - $68,506 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 4), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Martin Cichero, State Facilities Manager, (QLD & ACT) on (07) 3623 7121.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: Wednesday 23 October 2019
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.