Advertiser: The Centre for Independent StudiesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $65,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
The Centre for Independent Studies (CIS) is a not-profit independent research organisation funded by members and donors. CIS focuses its mission on promoting free choice, individual liberty and defending cultural freedom and the open exchange of ideas.
Reporting directly to the Event Director, your primary focus will be to ensure the seamless delivery of our events – from execution of event marketing strategy, coordinating contractors, event day delivery and administrative work.
- You will lead the logistical aspects of events including developing event documents, coordinating bump-in activities and delivering on event days.
- You will be involved in our event marketing ensuring that we are keeping up to date and on message with the aim to driving bookings for events.
- You will be a whizz online, monitoring and maintaining bookings in our event booking software and database to ensure accuracy of data.
- You will oversee our pool of AV contractors, scheduling them for events and managing them on event days to ensure they overachieve.
- You will always be working to ensure that events are delivered on time and within budget, guided by the Event Director.
- Proven experience in delivering successful events with 2+ years' experience in an events environment and possess a tertiary qualification in event management or equivalent.
- A calm and flexible attitude, be proactive and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- An impeccable eye for detail with strong analytical skills for problem-solving.
- Well-developed communication skills – both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation, stakeholders and event patrons.
- Proven experience, developing and publishing email campaigns (We use Autopilot).
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, preferably overseeing AV and F&B contractors.
- Experience using Office365 including strong knowledge of excel as well as Salesforce (Lightning or Classic) would strengthen your application.
- General knowledge of AV - Lighting, Video, Sound, Livestreaming and/or post-production would be an advantage.
- Current NSW RSA or first aid qualifications welcome, yet not essential.
The role will suit an individual with a good sense of humour, flexible attitude and willingness to be part of a team. You will also be a self-starter who is happy to work autonomously at times and hold a sound understanding of event operations in a corporate setting.
This is a very ‘hands-on’ position, some evening, weekend and public holiday work will be required. Core availability, Monday to Friday, between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm, is essential. This position involves manual handling tasks and occasional interstate travel to deliver events.
Applications close Sunday, October 20th. To be eligible to be for this role, you must have the right to work in Australia. Please note that applicants who do not send the requested information will not be considered.
Please forward your cover letter and CV to; Max Hawke-Weaver, Event Director at email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?