Customer Service, Internal Sales and Estimating Trainee
Advertiser: Southern Star GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Client & Sales Administration
The Southern Star Group of companies is a privately owned Australian business that specialises in the design, manufacture and distribution of an exclusive range of quality timber and aluminium window and door systems. The group comprises trusted brands such as Canterbury Timber Windows and Doors, Southern Star Aluminium Windows and Doors, Homeview Timber Windows and Doors, and Southern Star Glass, with the recent introduction of doors and fixings delivered to the market under the Big J brand. Becoming Australia's fastest growing aluminium and timber window and door manufacturer, the Southern Star Group has 8 branches Australia wide.
Based at our branch in Hallam and reporting to the Sales Manager, we seek a young trainee who is interested in embarking on a career in internal sales and estimating.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers with product selection
- Quoting/estimating, and responding to phone and website enquiries.
- Follow up of quotes and orders.
- Maintaining great relationships with our existing prepaid and account customers.
- Building new relationships with potential customers.
- Liaison with internal departments - accounts, production and despatch.
- Maximising sales opportunities and achieving a monthly budget.
Extensive training will be given in the use of our computer programs.
The successful applicant will display the following attributes:
- Be committed to exceptional customer service.
- Competent computer skills.
- Accurate and efficient data entry ability.
- Be well presented.
- Have excellent communication and time managements skills.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail.
- Be enthusiastic and goal oriented.
- Have the ability to be a team player and work within a close knit team.
What's in it for you
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant, based on qualifications, skills and experience. A highly achievable incentive is also offered.
You will be working in a constantly growing and innovative business that values committed and enthusiastic employees. Training and support will help you succeed in your role and set you up for further opportunities as you develop in the business.
If this sounds like you, apply by submitting your letter of application together with your resume and details of three referees.
For more information about the Southern Star Group, go to our website at www.windowsanddoors.build
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?