- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- $26.88 - $30.54 per hour + shift penalties & super
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Other
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the leading private, not for profit hospital and aged care group in Central Queensland, Mercy Health & Aged Care is seeking to recruit a casual Hospitality Services Assistant - Catering for our Mater Hospital in Mackay.
The Hospitality Services Assistant - Catering is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean up, and delivery of food products in support of Hospital food and catering service operations.
This is an opportunity to join our friendly Catering team. You will have a passion for great food service whilst being customer and safety focused.The role may involve Housekeeping duties and work in a variety of areas within the Hospital. his role is fast paced and physical in nature and will require standing for long periods of time.
Candidates must be able to be flexible with work times across a 7-day roster and be able to work:
- a variety of shifts including; early, late, week days, weekends, and public holidays;
- early morning and evening shifts (shifts vary from 5.00 am to 12 midnight);
- Candidates must be available for all shift types.
We are ideally looking for candidates that:
- have knowledge of current food hygiene principles, practices, and legislation;
- have food preparation knowledge and experience;
- are physically fit and can work in a fast paced physical role - you must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, lift, and climb;
- have the ability to work autonomously and also within a team environment;
- have exceptional customer service skills;
- reliable transportation (essential).
- have previous experience in a hospital, aged care facility, or hotel cleaning role (highly desirable)
The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience.
Apply for this position on SEEK or through our website at https://www.mercycq.com/mh/careers where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Misericordiae Hospital - Mackay vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Lisa Garz at email@example.com during business hours.
Please note that stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Mercy Health & Aged Care Central Queensland Limited (MH&ACCQL) is a not-for-profit provider of Catholic health and aged care services operating Mater Hospitals in Rockhampton, Mackay, Bundaberg and Gladstone and Aged Care facilities, Bethany, Leinster Place and McAuley Place in Rockhampton. In addition MH&ACCQL operates its own Food (Mercy Food Service) and Linen (Mercy Linen Service) Services. Those who work with MH&ACCQL must have a commitment to the Mission, Philosophy and Values of the organisation.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work public holidays?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- Do you have professional housekeeping experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a catering assistant?