Guest Service Agents
Advertiser: Sage Hotel AdelaideMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- $20 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
About the business
Next Story Group creates and transforms urban spaces into thriving communities by harnessing the power of human imagination and innovation. As an international hospitality company, it offers a differentiated portfolio of distinctive and compelling brands which appeal to investors, real estate owners and consumers. The Group currently owns, manages, franchises 37 hotels and resorts, bearing its brands which includes Next, Sage and LinQ. It also manages four Kafnu properties which offer the best elements of a boutique hotel, shared workspace and a social community. It is headquartered in Singapore with regional offices in Sydney and Bengaluru. For more information: www.nextstory.com
Sage Hotel Adelaide, with 137 guest rooms and suites, overlooks the South Parklands of the CBD in a city known for its festivals and proximity to world-famous wine regions of Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills and McLaren Vale. Zouk Restaurant & bar offers breakfast and dinner with a 24-hour room service option available for all in-house guests. Our conference rooms vary in size to accommodate small meetings to large cocktail parties.
Chifley on South Terrace is an ideal base for business and leisure travellers alike. Stroll to the many restaurants, shopping and entertainment options or take the tram direct to Glenelg beach. With 94 guest rooms, the hotel also boasts 5 function rooms and a pool deck with capacity for up to 150 guests.
South Terrace Motel is pet friendly and is located in between Sage Hotel Adelaide and Chifley on South Terrace. 50 Motel rooms have the unique feature of complimentary parking right outside your motel door - the only venue in Adelaide which provides this facility.
About the role
To be part of our team you need to be;
- Passionate - for delivering outstanding experience to our customers with enthusiasm.
- Flexible to work on a rotating roster across a variety of shifts.
- Reliable - be responsible for your own actions.
- Honest & fair – show integrity
- Respectful – to colleagues & customers
Main duties include;
- Use of Opera Property Management System to manage guest check in / out and reservations
- Monitor guest profiles and VIP status levels, meeting and greeting VIP guests and Groups
- Follow processes & polices in terms of cash handling, guest confidential information & hotel security
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Guest journey mapping and experience expectations.
- Multi-skilled in all areas of Guest services to provide guest with a holistic guest experience
- Upsell at every opportunity
Benefits and perks
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – For your wellbeing
- Adelaide CBD and easy access to public transport
- Inter-hotel transfer options on successful completion of probation
- Staff discounts on accommodation, F&B and on-duty meals
- Positive team environment with supportive leaders
Skills and experience
- Hotel industry experience in a customer service role
- System knowledge – Opera/Protel/Micros
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions – be empowered
We thank all interested parties in advance for their application, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
Next Story Group is an equal opportunities employer with a zero tolerance to any type of behaviours that are contrary to providing a safe, inclusive & respectful environment for all.
Employer Sponsorship is not available for International applications. Working Holiday Visas cannot be considered for these roles.
With respect, no recruitment agencies required.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a guest services agent?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Are you available to work public holidays?