- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
- Use your high-level administrative and communication skills in sourcing and allocating appropriate field and community placements
- Total remuneration AUD $83,385 to $90,359 (pro-rata)
- Part-time (.5) continuing appointment located in Canberra
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Education and Arts (FEA) comprises two National Schools – the National School of Education and the National School of Arts and is recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in teacher education and educational leadership and for its rapidly rising profile in the humanities and social sciences. Operating across eight different campuses nationally and our Rome campus in Italy, the Faculty is home to a lively, multicultural community of more than 12,000 students and offers an engaging program of teaching and research for students and staff.
The National School of Education is the largest provider of initial teacher education in Australia with a strong reputation for its high quality, work-ready graduates. Adding to its traditional strengths in early childhood, primary and secondary initial teacher education, the National School of Education’s disciplines reflect key strengths in the areas of early childhood, mathematics and literacy education, the arts, science and technology, educational studies, teacher professional practice, assessment, educational leadership, religious education, Indigenous education, and wellbeing and inclusive education.
You will provide timely, effective and efficient administrative support in sourcing and allocating appropriate field and community placements ( including school and community experience) for courses delivered by the National School of Education. For further information about the responsibilities of the role please see the attached Position Description.
You will need to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an appropriate combination of training and relevant experience preferably in a tertiary environment.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of Placement software such as InPlace and capacity to gain skills in University software such as Banner.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deliver stakeholder centric services.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with regard to correspondence and database maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse information and provide solutions.
- Ability to take personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes, keeping stakeholder interests at the core of business decisions to achieve organisational objectives and service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to plan work activity, prioritise time and resources using established processes and technology to achieve optimum efficiency and effectiveness
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and ethical principles and demonstrated knowledge of equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety, appropriate to the level of appointment.
- Previous experience in a similar role or in a tertiary institution
- Know ledge of procedures and operations in a tertiary institution
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality we offer leading practice parental leave entitlements for both men and women, flexible work options and a range of generous leave options to assist with work-life balance.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description [link removed] . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $83,385 - $90,359 (pro-rata) pa, including salary component $70,462-76,355 (pro-rata) pa (Higher Education Worker Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to May Ortiz by email: email@example.com
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: 24 October 2019, 11:55pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.